Tim Sylvia to Replace Todd Duffee at TitanFighting

MMAFA.tv has learned through sources close to the negotiations that Tim Sylvia, currently the highest-profile free agent, will be stepping in to replace Todd Duffee against Abe Wagner at Titan Fighting Championships 16. The Titan Fighting Championships card will be televised live on HDNet on Friday, January 28, 2011.

MMAFA.tv spoke with Titan Fighting Championships President Joe Kelly, who confirmed Sylvia vs Wagner bout. The move to add Sylvia to the card was necessitated by Duffee taking a New Year's Eve showdown with Strikeforce Heavyweight and defending K-1 GP winner Alistair Overeem at Dream Dynamite!! 2010. Sylvia is a former two-time UFC heavyweight champion, with a total of 3 successful defenses of the title. He has an overall record 28-6. Abe Wagner is 6-3 overall and is a veteran of The Ultimate Fighter 10" cast.

http://www.mmafa.tv/home/blogs/tim-sylvia-to-replace-todd-duffee-at-titan-fighting-championship.html

Id rather Tim Sylvia replace Duffee at Dynamite.

I never liked Tim Sylvia. But over the last couple years, I've taken to him a little, and am rooting for him, and am glad to see him busy and successful.

sparkuri -  I never liked Tim Sylvia. But over the last couple years, I've taken to him a little, and am rooting for him, and am glad to see him busy and successful.

I see a lot of people thinking the same way. I've been a Sylvia fan for as long as I can remember (maybe the McGee fight, Ricco?), and always thought he was a good dude. He may be a little awkward, but every time I've met him he's been a class act.

WAR TIM

www.mmafa.tv/home/blogs/tim-sylvia-to-replace-todd-duffee-at-titan-fighting-championship.html

Hopefully Tim can get a win or two more in and possibly work his way into a bigger show, Strikeforce might not be a bad fit with their beefed up Heavyweight roster....

I was never a Sylvia fan, but I've started rooting for him just because I feel like he gets unwarranted abuse around here and doesn't get enough credit. Go Maine-iac!

Tim Sylvia Vs. The Reem would be awesome!

ttt

I heard Timmy and Arlovski both were offered the Reem and turned it down.

Overeem would wreck Timmy. He's too slow.

i love timmay !!

Arlovski needs to rebuild some momentum and confidence.

Pandanus - Id rather Tim Sylvia replace Duffee at Dynamite.

that.

good to see Timmy still working

At least you know Duffee will be in shape to go.

Sylvia's a shape too. :)

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20090614103318_IMG_1839Edit.JPG

EckY -  I heard Timmy and Arlovski both were offered the Reem and turned it down.

Smart decision by both of them. Reem isn't the type of fight you take on short notice (if you're concerned about your career).

Timmay's trying to work his way back to the big show. Taking Reem on short notice would be silly for him at this point. He's probably a fight or two from being back.

Damn will they make up their mind about Duffee fighting the Roid Machine Overeem? I can't keep up....it's on ....wait no he doesn't like the $$....oh now it's on again....oh wait no it's not...hey look it's on again!