Time to reboard the Pico hype train!

Stu Cazzo -
Otis the Drunk -

I Remember back before his Mma career I bought a live stream of Pico vs Brent Metcalf in free wrestling, being an Iowa fan the hype behind Pico had me fretting a bit but I was intrigued. If I remember correctly Metcalf handled him and it was never really in question but Pico being so young and promising I wanted to see him go on and have a successful mma career

Flo just announced they’re making a Metcalf film.  Looks awesome.

Damn thanks for the heads up,  I may have to check it out although I usually have a hard time justifying shelling out the $175 for Flo or whatever it is

ttt

Some good insights here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zpiO5E_Fco

Sorry if this got mentioned, but I thought he had a ten year contract with Zinkin? It looks like he’s with Ali now.

Interestingly, it seems like he is doing a lot of 1:1 work with Jackson–something Jackson rarely does these days.

Also, if this didn’t get mentioned, he had a great interview on Luke Thomas’s show. One thing that was super interesting is that he explained why he didn’t wrestle much at the start of his MMA career: he wasn’t confident in his submission defense.

wiggum - Also, if this didn't get mentioned, he had a great interview on Luke Thomas's show. One thing that was super interesting is that he explained why he didn't wrestle much at the start of his MMA career: he wasn't confident in his submission defense.

I assumed that is why he was not wrestling early in his career, wanted time for his BJJ to catch up and he loves boxing and has that power.

I imagine we see BJJ brown or black belt Pico out there still kicking ass in a couple years, just even more well rounded. After all, he already has his first submission win now as a blue belt.

I'm still amazed how many UGers wrote him off after those losses.

Like a 22 year old who took 2nd at the freestyl e trials by a hair who happens to have real boxing skills and spars with world champs has no chance to grow as a martial artist and climb the ranks in MMA because he got KOed a couple times.

1 Like

Pico headlining the Bellator prelims tonight vs ROC/LFA/Bellator vet John DeJesus.

Pico wins and its not going into the 3rd.

I was looking for this thread to bump last night...

Wait , people were cool with the whole picograms thing? Jones was a cheater. This is bullshit. 

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Stu Cazzo -
Otis the Drunk -

I Remember back before his Mma career I bought a live stream of Pico vs Brent Metcalf in free wrestling, being an Iowa fan the hype behind Pico had me fretting a bit but I was intrigued. If I remember correctly Metcalf handled him and it was never really in question but Pico being so young and promising I wanted to see him go on and have a successful mma career

Flo just announced they’re making a Metcalf film.  Looks awesome.

He's always seemed like a dick to me.

He comes off as a very down to earth dude these days...the flo film was great

Stu Cazzo -

I was looking for this thread to bump last night...

We rollin'.

1 Like

Don’t know shit about his opponent but hopefully picos glass jaw gets shattered again. 

SandBlaster -

Don’t know shit about his opponent but hopefully picos glass jaw gets shattered again. 

Nope, Pico is going to keep on being one of the most talented young fighters on the planet and you can keep on rooting against him.

De Jesus won't make it into the 3rd.

BJ Penn Forever -
SandBlaster -

Nope, Pico is going to keep on being one of the most talented young fighters on the planet and you can keep on rooting against him.

Just seen dude is 13-8 another can for Pico 

Pico Belfort crushes another can 

SandBlaster - 

That was not a can.

And hey, y u steal my nickname!

sparkuri -
SandBlaster - 

That was not a can.

13-8 not one recognizable name on his record. Can. I liked it I gave u a VU for it lol

1 Like
SandBlaster -
BJ Penn Forever -
SandBlaster -

Just seen dude is 13-8 another can for Pico 

Like I said, not going into the 3rd.

You keep hating and he will keep being one of the best young fighters in the world riding a three fight win streak with two KOs and a sub.

SandBlaster -
sparkuri -
SandBlaster - 

That was not a can.

13-8 not one recognizable name on his record. Can. I liked it I gave u a VU for it lol

Just because you don’t recognize names means nothing. You sound clueless.