Tito Ortiz misses weight by 5 lbs. for TFC debut versus Anderson Silva

It’s called THRILLER

If anyone watched the press conference a few weeks ago… we all knew Tito was going to miss weight.

He basically he admitted he was going to pay the fine and come at 200

1 Like

20%

So 100 to 200k? Ouch

1 Like

I lost respect for Tito for not even trying to make weight.

Just kidding. I haven’t had an iota of respect for him for probably 10 years.

1 Like

lol. Was wondering how/why he committed to making 195. Maybe he was counting on that old man lower body shrinkage kicking in. The legs/ass just naturally get start getting scrawnier after 40. Tito already had skinny legs though. Probably the only reason he could make 205.

1 Like

jajajaja!!!

I hope Anderson tools him

2 Likes

Tito was tryna dick tuck on the boxing match like he did with Dana.

Is the commission gonna let them fight with that big of a weight miss? Why have weight classes then?

I understand that you conduct yourself as a professional and come in at the contracted weight. However, it’s clear Anderson and his camp tried to play the game, get Tito to deplete himself making 195 and obtain an advantage in the fight. Tito, in turn, simply played the game and planned on giving up 20% of his purse. Fair play, IMO.

2 Likes

5 pounds should be fined 30%.

Desperate how? He’s worth like 20 million.

guess the fight is still on then

Who is, tito? Unless it came from Jenna, not likely lol

the guy filed for unemployment in california when he was mayor protem or whatever he was…he’s hugely desperate for a payday.

I might be wrong but I think they made it cruiser weight because there is no 205 in boxing it would just be heavyweight 200+ and Tito could’ve came in huge. I think Anderson boxes him up at any weight tho.

They could’ve contracted the weight at whatever they wanted. They did this to gain an advantage. Similar to PBF v. Canelo. Which is strange because, I agree with you, Anderson tools him at any weight.

This is probably just a business move on Anderson’s part if he gets the % that Tito is fined. If that is the case:
Anderson knows he will smash Tito no matter the weight he comes in at
Anderson knows if he demands the cruiserweight limit Tito won’t make it
Anderson gets more money and Tito comes in at the weight he was going to anyway