Tito Ortiz misses weight by 5 lbs. for TFC debut versus Anderson Silva

Of course. He never intended to make weight.

3 Likes

Not a good look for tito. Especially bad idea to be boxing Anderson silva.

when you openly state that you intentionally missed weight and rather pay the fine, he should be penalized at least 30%. If he is gonna bitch about the contract weight and then purposely miss it he should have never taken the fight. Hope he gets his block knocked off

3 Likes

Why couldnā€™t he fight Tito at a manageable weight? 200 or 205. He fought multiple times at that weight.

1 Like

That weight was manageable according to Tito.

1 Like

Tito is terrible but also 195 seems a little far fetched for this late in career.

2 Likes

Anderson was gonna fight at 195 whether it was Tito or someone else. Anderson is the A side to this fight. He was gonna be on the card regardless. Tito wasnt. Tito took the payday only and the fact that he accepted the contract weight and purposely missed it makes him a bitch IMO.

5 Likes

He knew the terms of the contract and the weight before he signed it. He took the payday only because he is desperate. If he didnt take the fight they would have just gave it to someone else.

5 Likes

This. He accepted the terms and signed.

2 Likes

How is this a surprise? A younger Tito killed himself to make 205 and people thought he was going to have success cutting lower when heā€™s older?

Ok then.

I understand all of that, butā€¦. When he found an opponent that could garner interest & knows the dude will struggle & possibly not make the weight, why not give a little leeway? Is he not confident? Heā€™s the favorite. Heā€™s fought multiple times at 205. Why drain him so much & not just have a good fight? I donā€™t really care who wins, I like them both well enough, but would like to see a good fight.

3 Likes

Vitor looked all business during that staredown. Worried for holyfield.

1 Like

If Tito couldnā€™t make weight he shouldnā€™t have agreed to it. If it was ā€œsquare peg - round holeā€ then he could have just stayed away. I hope Anderson clowns his no-integrity ass.

2 Likes

As a business man, sure, I hear ya. But as a fight fan, Iā€™d rather see a fight with both in top old man condition.

2 Likes

I agree with that. I think Anderson boxes him up at whatever weights they come in at.

1 Like

ā€˜If you canā€™t make the weight, donā€™t come to fightā€™

Lol@Tito boxing

2 Likes

Tito come on man

1 Like

Original thread is Original

1 Like