Toney beating Couture will be good for the sport

I think someone said it best, Weather Toney or Couture wins, MMA and Boxing fans respectively will gloat about their sport being better. The fact is its gonna be a fight under MMA rules. Its not Boxing vs MMA. Im pulling for James Toney to win but I just dont think Randy is stupid enough to do anything other than take him down and G-n-P to a victory. I know a win is a win but really is that something to gloat about?

James Toney is a brave and honorable man.

while Juicy Couture has been going to hormone replacement therapy doctor appointments with Stallone in preparation for another lame action flick and shopping for more cool guy cargo hats to wear sideways, James Toney has been training with young lions and taking his own hard earned money to secure a luxury condo on Mars for Randy for after he launches him into outer space via uppercut while trying to shoot a double.

if that's not the actions of a hard working, kind, caring, giving man with the foresight of a clairvoyant I really don't know what it is.

god bless you James Toney.

gangsta101 - 
teamquestfan - Yeah, James Toney will be a great representative for MMA and the UFC. lol

Toney embodies the true martial artist spirit by fighting anyone anywhere. Randy wouldn't dare enter a boxing ring and holds the title hostage demanding more money. If Toney wins it will progress the sport while if Couture happens to wins he will go back to fighting B level guys.

I will SN bet anyone that Toney takes this.

I'll take the case!

Dear Randy,

Please take a dive for the "good of the sport".

Love,

"gangsta101"

FreightTrain - Dear Randy,

Please take a dive for the "good of the sport".

Love,

"gangsta101"

I'm not asking Randy to take a dive

but it would really help out right now.

Toney would of been great for MMA if he didn't try to make this fight all about which is better between MMA and boxing. Unfortunately that didn't happen and Toney winning will be terrible for MMA.

yes because a guy who hasn't a respectful bone in his body is what we want guys coming up looking up to and trying to be like. Kill yourself

Skeletor68 - 
gangsta101 - 
teamquestfan - Yeah, James Toney will be a great representative for MMA and the UFC. lol

Toney embodies the true martial artist spirit by fighting anyone anywhere. Randy wouldn't dare enter a boxing ring and holds the title hostage demanding more money. If Toney wins it will progress the sport while if Couture happens to wins he will go back to fighting B level guys.

I will SN bet anyone that Toney takes this.

I'll take the case!
Btw I'm on holidays for a week tomorrow so if you say you want in gangsta101 count me, in I'll reply on my return.

Randy via "cool guy cargo hat sideways" IMO

Juzz - Toney would of been great for MMA if he didn't try to make this fight all about which is better between MMA and boxing. Unfortunately that didn't happen and Toney winning will be terrible for MMA.

^^^LOL

Oh ya, I should mention that MMA, the UFC in particular, is in BIG TROUBLE these days and needs help by infusing it with more old, fat, nearly-retired boxers.

GlenDanzig - Oh ya, I should mention that MMA, the UFC in particular, is in BIG TROUBLE these days and needs help by infusing it with more old, fat, nearly-retired boxers.

haha, no doubt

I honestly dont think Randy will be challenged by Tony. I guess "Lights Out" is the definition of a puncher's chance, but I think Randy wins at least 19 out of 20 times. What I would like to see is a kickboxer like Cro Cop or Barry fight Toney standing up. I boxed amateur for a few years and have now recreationally trained MMA for awhile, the difference just in striking strategy is tremendous. Even disregarding the ground game completely, I think Toney would be in for a painful surprise.

I just find it amusing that boxing aficionados make it out that all boxers swing sledge hammers for punches and have cast iron jaws.

TAC - I just find it amusing that boxing aficionados make it out that all boxers swing sledge hammers for punches and have cast iron jaws.

Randy almost got KO'd by feather fisted slow old man Nogueira.

dhughes - But but but...the boxing fans will make fun of us!!!!

-UG

Like anyone cares what the 50+ set have to say?

What the trolls fail to mention is the following:

Chuck Liddell - Accomplished D1 wrestler

James Toney - Grappling skill of my little sister.

If James Toney brought an ounce of class or dignity that Randy has to the sport I could see it possibly being beneficial.

But no, we have a loudmouthed and ignorant ambassador of boxing who is bring too much more than just a new audience. He lied about tapping King Mo, and it's bullshit that he thinks he can wrestle a guy who has never been subbed in his career in the UFC. It's really hard to care about what Toney is saying because it's so difficult to take him seriously.

I hope he loses, and if he doesn't the last thing I care about in the world is what a bunch of old fart boxing fans think of MMA.

Also PS MMA doesn't need clowns like Toney to improve the sport. It's already growing on it's own just fine.

Toney will touch Handy's chin and Handy WILL fall.