Tony Galento v. Bonovena?

Oscar or Tony in their prime?

I say Oscar.

Oscar was really a damn tuff heavy.

Bonovena would win unless it was pro wrestling.

buddie

Bonavena. Tony had good strength and awesome power in his left hook, as well as a chin that was probably equal to Bonavena's, but Oscar was a better fighter overall. Supposing Tony did land that hook, I don't think even it could keep Bonavena down. He was a real animal and a great character both in an out of the ring. One of the few guys to stand up to Ali's taunting and come back with his own insults.

true that "why you no join de army?" Bonevena got in between Ali asking "did you cut your own hair?" was a really good one. Uhm...

buddie
edited for spelling

Ali said that hitting Oscar's head was like hitting a concrete block.

You know I consider Patterson's victory over Oscar as his greatest triumph. I couldn't believe he won that fight. I hope my memory is serving me correctly in this regard.

"You know I consider Patterson's victory over Oscar as his greatest triumph. I couldn't believe he won that fight. I hope my memory is serving me correctly in this regard."

You're absolutely right. The then thirty-seven year old Patterson boxed his way to a unanimous ten-round decision.

I remember watching that fight on TV. It was telecast live from Madison Square Garden. I was fifteen years old. Damn, when did I get this old?

man this fight would be a war i actually think it would go alot of rounds. tony has a good shot to win this brawl but he would likely tire out and oscar would stop him