Too much MMA on tv

There is too much on TV! I remember back in the day when we use to hang out in a chatroom reading play by plays of Pride.If we wanted to watch MMA we went to Suncoast video and purchased Pride 7 for 9.99. I think people are going to get bored with it.

wait this isnt the UG

This 

doesnt

make

sense

i dont think i could disagree any more.

if there was a channel that only played MMA, i would watch the hell out of that. i only get tired of seeing the same fights over and over.

i love though that almost every weekend there is a live MMA event somewhere. idk about the OP, but i Love mma.

its the only sport i really care about enough to always try to watch and follow the athletes involved.

No no no....You mistyped 'RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH'.

MMA is just fine.

Nexuscrawlers -  i dont think i could disagree any more.
if there was a channel that only played MMA, i would watch the hell out of that. i only get tired of seeing the same fights over and over.
i love though that almost every weekend there is a live MMA event somewhere. idk about the OP, but i Love mma.
its the only sport i really care about enough to always try to watch and follow the athletes involved.

So much this!

I there was a channel that broadcast every Pride event, old UFC PPV's and every WEC I don't think I would ever turn it off lol.

There can never be enough MMA on TV. Phone Post

Oh, well, that explains why Wookies live on the planet Endor.

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
Nexuscrawlers -  i dont think i could disagree any more.

So much this!

I there was a channel that broadcast every Pride event, old UFC PPV's and every WEC I don't think I would ever turn it off lol.

There can never be enough MMA on TV. Phone Post

. Phone Post

armbarring - There is too much on TV! I remember back in the day when we use to hang out in a chatroom reading play by plays of Pride.If we wanted to watch MMA we went to Suncoast video and purchased Pride 7 for 9.99. I think people are going to get bored with it.

This pretty much sums up the "back in my day" argument that fans of anything that ends up blowing up in popularity usually cite. They miss when what they enjoyed was secret, unique, and special - and to some extent, I understand that.

If you've come to be bored with the sport than so be it, but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with having something you enjoy accessible and frequently available. I, for one, don't give a shit that there's an event every other week. I love MMA and I love watching it.

Pride was the real Superbowl of MMA..... there isn't one now

I'm with Nexus and Fraser.  I can't get enough MMA.  In fact, when there's no major card, it almost feels weird.  Even if I have something to do or a club to go to, I love to come home to some MMA.

I'd LOVE an all-MMA channel!

mmavixen -  I'm with Nexus and Fraser.  I can't get enough MMA.  In fact, when there's no major card, it almost feels weird.  Even if I have something to do or a club to go to, I love to come home to some MMA.

See I wouldnt have a problem with that. I think UFC is just rubbing me the wrong way. Ive been trying to catch local grass root shows at home.

armbarring - 
mmavixen -  I'm with Nexus and Fraser.  I can't get enough MMA.  In fact, when there's no major card, it almost feels weird.  Even if I have something to do or a club to go to, I love to come home to some MMA.

See I wouldnt have a problem with that. I think UFC is just rubbing me the wrong way. Ive been trying to catch local grass root shows at home.

You know what you might have to do?  Take a break from it.  There was a 6-month period that my husband would not watch UFC PPV's and we were still going to the local shows.  Of course, he would still ask me the results and this period also coincided with him being extra busy professionally.  But after that break, he came back reinvigorated. 

Being a hardcore MMA fan takes its toll.  I have spent so much money it's ridiculous and I've missed weddings, birthdays, you call it.  I've even had girlfriends stop talking to me because they can't understand my obsession with the sport.

^That's hot, lol.

in the banned-on-cable days i was super excited to get ahold of any tape i could, any event.

now theres so much ma to keep track of, i only care about the big names

Nexuscrawlers -  i dont think i could disagree any more.

Couldnt agree more, too much mma? I'm more of a fan today than I was 10 years ago when I first started watching the sport. Sure every fight I'm not as pumped for but I care about every card, every org, prospects, regional orgs etc.

If someone doesnt like the sport anymore or they think its boring they dont have to watch. I like having a card every weekend, I love it when Bellator is on every Friday, TUF is on every week and you mix in UFC, SF, regional orgs, every weekend starting in Sept through the rest of the year will have an event, some weekends multiple events.

Take the last weekend in Sept, Bellator on Friday, UFC on Fuel and SF Gilbert/Healy all that same weekend. Thats awesome to me.

Chris27 - 
Nexuscrawlers -  i dont think i could disagree any more.

Couldnt agree more, too much mma? I'm more of a fan today than I was 10 years ago when I first started watching the sport. Sure every fight I'm not as pumped for but I care about every card, every org, prospects, regional orgs etc.

If someone doesnt like the sport anymore or they think its boring they dont have to watch. I like having a card every weekend, I love it when Bellator is on every Friday, TUF is on every week and you mix in UFC, SF, regional orgs, every weekend starting in Sept through the rest of the year will have an event, some weekends multiple events.

Take the last weekend in Sept, Bellator on Friday, UFC on Fuel and SF Gilbert/Healy all that same weekend. Thats awesome to me.

How many tapout shirts do you own?