Took Adesanya at -175

Adesanya will make it look easy. This will be a clinic. 

Gartlin -

Your in for a rude awakening 

Kelvin. Dude is a beast. He is on a tear, and the only reason he lost to Weidman, was he was way bigger than him, and Chris decided to wrestle him.

Israel is nowhere near and thick and big as Chris (no homo), and obviously not a wrestler. Kelvin can either catch him with his heavy hands or control him via wrestling.

SandBlaster -
Gartlin -

Or you are :) 

Interesting fight....kelvin is a beast in the pocket and Israel is a master of distance.

If kelvin can get inside he wins if not it will be a long night for him.

Kelvin will maul him

Flyers179 -
ShortElbowInTheClinch -
Flyers179 -

I think he is gonna get wrecked imo.

Wow! How come?

2 years ago he was fighting Melvin Guillard. In the UFC he has 2 stoppages in 5 fights with only one being really slick, and 2 weak decisions. I realize the spinny stuff is fun but all this hype is not based on merit, the guy hasn’t faced a real fight yet.

Kelvin is seasoned and has shown a great ability to move in and catch people despite being smaller. There is no reason he is an underdog besides hype. Kelvin has faced and beaten way better competition, and has a lot more experience against high level fighters.

I could be proven wrong here, but I would bet on Kelvin winning this fight by either submission or KO.

That's actually very, very sound logic my friend.  I disagree with how you see the outcome but that's a great post. 

ShortElbowInTheClinch -

If I lose (or when with my recent MMA wagering luck) how will it happen?  Kelvin's wrestling is much better defensively than offensively so I doubt he just outwrestles IA for 5 rounds.  If they decide to kickbox for 5 rounds I obviously don't see Kelvin winning that fight.

So if (when) I lose my bet how did it happen?  

Sorry to say but Kelvin is going to win.  Either by decision, TKO, or Sub.  You should have gone with the proven veteran in Kelvin.  Idk why he’s the underdog that’s insane. 

ducks18 - 
ShortElbowInTheClinch -

If I lose (or when with my recent MMA wagering luck) how will it happen?  Kelvin's wrestling is much better defensively than offensively so I doubt he just outwrestles IA for 5 rounds.  If they decide to kickbox for 5 rounds I obviously don't see Kelvin winning that fight.

Sorry to say but Kelvin is going to win.  Either by decision, TKO, or Sub.  You should have gone with the proven veteran in Kelvin.  Idk why he’s the underdog that’s insane. 

Lots of people love to buy the hype, and the UFC/ESPN hype machine is pretty freaking good.

Israel is going to be in a fight, not a glorified sparring match with a washed fighter on his retirement tour. Kelvin is going to posterize this guy.

AnthonyWeiner -
ducks18 - 
ShortElbowInTheClinch -

Lots of people love to buy the hype, and the UFC/ESPN hype machine is pretty freaking good.

Israel is going to be in a fight, not a glorified sparring match with a washed fighter on his retirement tour. Kelvin is going to posterize this guy.

Yeah I won’t be too surprised if Adesanya wins… but I won’t be shocked at ALL if Kelvin wins. 

ducks18 - 
AnthonyWeiner -
ducks18 - 
ShortElbowInTheClinch -

Yeah I won’t be too surprised if Adesanya wins… but I won’t be shocked at ALL if Kelvin wins. 

If Israel wins, then he’s a contender. This is his first chance to prove it. Kelvin’s proved it, many times.

I think Kelvin is a strong favorite. So it’s going to be interesting.

ShortElbowInTheClinch - 
Flyers179 -
ShortElbowInTheClinch -
Flyers179 -

I think he is gonna get wrecked imo.

Wow! How come?

2 years ago he was fighting Melvin Guillard. In the UFC he has 2 stoppages in 5 fights with only one being really slick, and 2 weak decisions. I realize the spinny stuff is fun but all this hype is not based on merit, the guy hasn’t faced a real fight yet.

Kelvin is seasoned and has shown a great ability to move in and catch people despite being smaller. There is no reason he is an underdog besides hype. Kelvin has faced and beaten way better competition, and has a lot more experience against high level fighters.

I could be proven wrong here, but I would bet on Kelvin winning this fight by either submission or KO.

That's actually very, very sound logic my friend.  I disagree with how you see the outcome but that's a great post. 

Thanks man, I can also see the validity in Kelvin losing. He tends have moments of low volume where he isn’t pressuring, and can seem a bit flat footed. Couple that with the he is the shorter fighter giving up quite a bit of reach, and he doesn’t use his wrestling much, he could be in for a bad night if lets Israel dictate the action.

It could very easily turn into one of those fights where a guy starts eating pot shots here and there, then without realizing it himself it’s taken a toll of accumulation and he can’t break out into the offensive.

Both main event fights are really compelling tonight, and I doubt either one is boring.

ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

Kelvin. Dude is a beast. He is on a tear, and the only reason he lost to Weidman, was he was way bigger than him, and Chris decided to wrestle him.

Israel is nowhere near and thick and big as Chris (no homo), and obviously not a wrestler. Kelvin can either catch him with his heavy hands or control him via wrestling.

True but I imagine Isreal is way longer.  He goes in deep when he bangs so we will have to see how Kevin takes it.

I can see Kelvin landing a KO punch as Israel is clowning around. 

Gartlin -
SandBlaster -
Gartlin -

Or you are :) 

You're in for an awakening, he's in for an awakening, we're all in for an awakening!!

I just bet on Israel to win by ko/tko in the 3rd.

Kelvin is very game, has a good chin and a good left hook and he's gonna have to fake take downs to land because Israel has really good distance management.

I think maybe kelvin wins the first round with wrestling and then gets picked apart until he's tired and eventually finished. 

If i were to bet it be on kelvin considering it is like what? 145$ to win if you bet a 100$? I like those odds. Cause it feels like a pick em to me

Congrats OP.

Flyers179 -

Congrats OP.

Congrats OP