Top 10 most amazing UFC rematches of all-time

MixedMartialArts.com’s top-10 UFC rematches of all time? Agree? Disagree? What are you favorites from the list? Let’s hear it forum mob.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. I don’t want to come off as super harsh, but this is a weird list?

-Did people really consider Rose v. Jessica to be a great fight? It was fine – but maybe not even the best fight of the night? Joanna v. Rose 2 was a far better fight.

-Chuck v. Rampage . . . not a great fight? Super short.

-I get including BJ v. GSP for the dominance. But, BJ v. Hughes II is probably a better fight.

-Dustin v. Max 2 was a good fight, but isn’t close to either guy’s best fight.

-Gray v. Frankie and Robbie v. Rory are two of the greatest fights of all-time and should definitely be in the top 3. But, Hughes v. Trigg 2 is also a contender for the greatest fight of all-time and should definitely be on the list.

4 Likes

Gna get some flak for this, but Cro Cop vs Gonzaga II should be in there; it was epic.

They at least got the #1 fight right though!

Tank v Ferrozo

Of this list, my two favorites were Diaz Conor 2 and Aldo Mendes 2. Those were both wars

Oh and of course watching Lesnar Mir 2 at UFC 100 was a true spectacle

Wand Rampage 2 as many claimed Wand had the easier path to the final in the GP but Wand dominated again.

Connor Diaz 2 showed Connor still had cardio defincies but still roughed it out to win a 3-2 decision. I think Diaz was injured tho and couldn’t step on the gas. Connor was in wounded gazelle mode again and Nate couldn’t capitalize this time.

Aldo Mendes 2 where Mendes had matured as a fighter but Aldo once again solidified himself as the FW king - that was the end of his reign tho…Altho most miss that he had 2 defenses in the WEC to a total of 9 all together.

Ronda Meisha 2 was a big one for WMMA at the time and it was a good fight.

Sato Uno 2 was a big early win for the LW division.

Jones Gus 2 maybe as Jones showed who was boss in convincing fashion this time.

Jones DC 2 - guess there was the PEDS but Jones also one upped the first fight with a finish aka Gus rematch.

1 Like

That’s a good one too.

Chuck Randy 2 as well as Chuck made the adjustments.

1 Like

JBJ Gus 2 makes you wonder how the first fight woulda gone had Jones not been an immature turd back then. In terms of partying and not training seriously. Cause obviously he’s still a turd in other aspects of life

I was going to call bulshit on any list that didn’t have Maynard versus Edgar on it

No way Lawler x McDonald is one of the greatest fights of all time. That fight is fairly overrated.
The Dustin x Max fight was better just in rematches.
I’d probably even say nate x conor was better.
Actually now I’m thinking about it. I’m definitely saying that.

1 Like

To be fair wasn’t Gus kinda on the way out when the rematch came?

The fight before that Alexander brutally KO’d the now LHW champ. And before that he beat the former champ Jan by decision.

But. Then after the JBJ fight he then lost two in a row getting submitted in each

I’d put the Aldo chad fight higher