Toronto Grappling -- anyone know these guys?

Hey, just found this school and I like it because I finally found a place where I could practise knife fighting and groundfighting. I've been dong BJJ for the last few years and wonder if anyone might know anything about the quality of their ground instruction.

http://www.universalmma.ca/our-classes/grappling/

You plannin on doin some knife fighting?

I noticed they only have "grappling" twice a week. If you're a BJJ guy, grappling twice a week might not be enough for you.

They do charge per class, tho, so you could continue training BJJ where you are and just supplement your knife fight training there.

Robin Black - You plannin on doin some knife fighting?

I noticed they only have "grappling" twice a week. If you're a BJJ guy, grappling twice a week might not be enough for you.

They do charge per class, tho, so you could continue training BJJ where you are and just supplement your knife fight training there.

The first martial arts school I went to had Filipino knife-fighting and BJJ. The Filipino weapons arts were the coolest arts I've ever trained. I love BJJ, though, but have always kept an eye open for a way to return to the Filipino arts and still train on the ground.

Weapons are pretty fun. I trained Arnis (Filipino stick fighting) for a while in Winnipeg. Really enjoyed it.

I kinda get the feeling that there would be some good Filipino weapon training at that place, but they don't seem too Jiu-Jitsu focussed.... but, because you can pay per class, you could just head over there occasionally to get your weapons fix....

I've used to make knives and had the chance to train with Zach Whitson in Pekiti Tirsia, Tim Hartman in Modern Arnis, and with Vlad Valisiev in Systema. Knives are a lot of fun to make and play with. Toronto has some good Eskrima schools iirc. I used to sell a lot of training knives around the town. 

Dougie: You just got scarier.

Mohammad is bad ass. I suggest you go check it out. You are dealing with some really cool instructors with years of training, I am talking 20 or more years.

Z
www.fusionmma.com