Tournaments that don't allow groin protectors

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with you?

Not allowed in FILA wrestling competition either.

Of course not, no reputable wrestling, judo, sambo, bjj or grappling competition allows this.

why would you need them in grappling?

The governing bodies are either made up of eunuchs or have never wrestled/grappled before.

Nut shots happen all the time in grappling. Why risk it when protective gear is readily available?

Lol, have you never competed before?

A groin cup can be a more brutal fulcrum for armbars Phone Post 3.0

I have been injured more times from wearing a cup than from not wearing one.

Stop wearing boxer shorts to train and wear something with some damn support. Phone Post 3.0

Josh Mancuso - I have been injured more times from wearing a cup than from not wearing one.

Stop wearing boxer shorts to train and wear something with some damn support. Phone Post 3.0

How were you injured from wearing your cup?

CraftyHobo - Lol, have you never competed before?

If you're deep enough into an armbar that a cup matters, odds are a good guy is going to finish it anyway. I've never bought this excuse.

redenstein - 
Josh Mancuso - I have been injured more times from wearing a cup than from not wearing one.

How were you injured from wearing your cup?

Cups can shift, pinch or smash a nut, or just generally move around into weird and painful positions. Combine that with the plastic ones sometimes (usually in striking) breaking and getting your junk pinched between the plastic...there's a small potential for injury. Still, jock strap under compression shorts should keep everything snug and in place. I don't roll without one...because there's no reason to.

Soul Gravy - 
CraftyHobo - Lol, have you never competed before?

If you're deep enough into an armbar that a cup matters, odds are a good guy is going to finish it anyway. I've never bought this excuse.

I've always felt the same way. It could make a difference, but it's a pretty small one.

ILS, where did you hear that about FILA wrestling rules? I checked the rules and I can't find any mention of it:

http://www.fila-official.com/images/FILA/reglements/olympique/Wrestling_Rules_July_2014_Eng.pdf

Actual dialogue I had at my first IBJJF tournament just before my 1st or 2nd match:

Me: Wait, I can't wear a cup?

Referee: No, if you're wearing one you have to remove it.

Me: But ... my balls. What about my balls?

Referee: You must use jiu-jitsu to protect your balls.

If your cup causes you injury then you are not wearing it correctly If it shifts then you may be wearing the wrong size.

Pur the supporter with the cup on first. Then put compression shorts over it.

Do not buy the compression short cups. They shift everywhere. Buy the jock strap supporter and put the compression shorts over them Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - If your cup causes you injury then you are not wearing it correctly If it shifts then you may be wearing the wrong size.

Do not buy the compression short cups. They shift everywhere. Buy the jock strap supporter and put the compression shorts over them Phone Post 3.0
This...I wear a cup to every session. The days that I do not wear one I get hurt. Guys are really heavy with knee passing. Triangle chokes the guys immediately use knees or forearms if they kind of have their second arm 20% still in to pry themselves free. Attempting armlocks and knee bars hurt the practitioner often when not wearing a cup.
Perhaps it does aid in getting submissions, but that is because the appliers nuts are still attatched.
The major organizations allowing the 50/50 knee reap, grabbing the inside of the ass of pants ,yet not allowing cups or twister position is retarded. They just look like idiots to me. Last night I would've been in the ER if I didn't wear a cup with the aggressive knee slide attempts of larger opponents. Phone Post 3.0

ColeMillerATT - 
checkuroil - If your cup causes you injury then you are not wearing it correctly If it shifts then you may be wearing the wrong size.

This...I wear a cup to every session. The days that I do not wear one I get hurt. Guys are really heavy with knee passing. Triangle chokes the guys immediately use knees or forearms if they kind of have their second arm 20% still in to pry themselves free. Attempting armlocks and knee bars hurt the practitioner often when not wearing a cup.
Perhaps it does aid in getting submissions, but that is because the appliers nuts are still attatched.
The major organizations allowing the 50/50 knee reap, grabbing the inside of the ass of pants ,yet not allowing cups or twister position is retarded. They just look like idiots to me. Last night I would've been in the ER if I didn't wear a cup with the aggressive knee slide attempts of larger opponents. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed - I wear a cup everytime under advice from my urologist.

I want everything in good working order down there. Fulcrum Armbars be damned!

I don't understand why they won't allow cups either. I wear one every time I grapple...I take hard knee shots often enough when guys are trying to pass etc that I'm not taking the risk. For the guys complaining about the cup being used as a fulcrum in an arm bar...if things have gone that far you are pretty fucked any way. The only valid complaint I could see would be guys grinding your face with it in north south.

i never wore one and i don't rely on a cup to protect my nuts, i rely on myself

We wear cups to make EVERYONE more comfortable....not only am i protecting my junk from you....I am also protecting you from my junk Phone Post 3.0

I found a softer, foam cup- as opposed to something you would wear for Muay Thai- offers a happy medium and is not noticeable to the opponent -nor the wearer. Forget those rules, pure stupidity to risk injury for some organization's asinine rule. At the very least they could allow a foam, soft-shell cup.

I wear a cup all the time to train, but it has never really bothered me to compete without. As others have said, wear a good compression short and that should keep the boys out of harms way. And I'm an armbar guy for what it's worth. Phone Post 3.0