Tournaments that don't allow groin protectors

Y'all just like rubbing your nuts on people....a bunch of goddam leg humpers....I don't giveba single fuck a out you protecting your little twig and berries....nut I'll be goddamed if I want to feel that shit when I roll with you....contain your junk....keep it to yourself.... Phone Post 3.0

Soul Gravy - The governing bodies are either made up of eunuchs or have never wrestled/grappled before.

Nut shots happen all the time in grappling. Why risk it when protective gear is readily available?
I've been training BJJ for about 14 years and wrestled 5 years before that. Probably only got it in my groin 4 times total in all that time. Phone Post 3.0

A guy lost a nut during training. I saw him puking after taking a nut shot. Didn't see him a couple of weeks. Came back half the man he was. Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - A guy lost a nut during training. I saw him puking after taking a nut shot. Didn't see him a couple of weeks. Came back half the man he was. Phone Post 3.0

this is why I wear a cup.  you guys can say what you like about helping finishing subs, digging into your back, or whatever the fuck.  But I am protecting my nuts, no compelling reason not to

Soul Gravy - 
thebigkahuna - 
knee smash - i never wore one and i don't rely on a cup to protect my nuts, i rely on myself

THIS

If people try knee through the middle I move my hips to protect my balls. Cups should not be allowed. They are a weapon.

I never rely on a helmet to protect my skull, I rely on myself.

I never rely on a seatbelt to protect my body, I rely on myself.

I never rely on a lifejacket to keep me afloat, I rely on myself.

See how that goes?

Actually no. How does it go?

huge cock and balls. have to wear one. I actually fused two together and have to tape my piece down my leg w/ duct tape.

I'm an og'er.

Stopped by a local Gracie school today. At the end of class the instructor tells me that they are not allowed in class. Is this normal? I've been training around 8 years and this was a first for me. Phone Post 3.0

I was told the same thing at a gym. I left and they lost my business. I was ready to sign up

Great move on their part. They really protected their students from the extreme danger of my cup Phone Post 3.0

aarick161 - Stopped by a local Gracie school today. At the end of class the instructor tells me that they are not allowed in class. Is this normal? I've been training around 8 years and this was a first for me. Phone Post 3.0

he was probably disappointed that he didn't get to feel how you measured up to his own students

I wrestled in hs and college. Knees to the balls were actually a preffered tactic of many of my teammates. I never saw anyone lose a nut or go to the hospital for it. I never heard people complain about no cup.

Cups are not appropriate for grappling sports. In all my years of training I have never seen a serious injury because of no cup. Just another step in the pussification of bjj.

And the people who think its gay not to wear a cup have much deeper issues of their own which they are probably afraid of.

Ironically, it's the pussies in here that feel they need cups.

Unfair advantages during armbars and triangles since they act as a fulcrum during an armbar and as a hard object that latches to your chin/jaw during triangles.

They say that they can cause more injuries when getting thrown as well, although, honestly,  i'm not sure how.

16+ years training, and i've taken maybe 2 nut shots the whole time.

LOL at painting people as "pussies" for wanting to use a piece of standard protective equipment in training. Fuck off with that shit. Like CUO I had a teammate lose a testicle from a knee to the groin in training. Utterly retarded to call this the "pussification of BJJ" when in fact the first tournament I did back in 2003 actually REQUIRED cups. If anything the pussification is people whining about how an armbar is slightly tighter and that they actually had to tap to someone in sparring. It's training. Get over it, your ego will survive.

The first tournament i did back in 1998 did not require groing protection, nobody wore it, nobody lost their nuts.

And a cup is not a piece of standard protective equipment in bjj or judo.  In fact, it is a banned protective equipment in competition for both arts.

You might as well wear a bike helmet since knees to the head are way more common than knees to the groin in bjj.

It's banned because of dumb competition rules. Like most leglocks and knee reaping and a hundred other things.

You have already heard 2 separate stories on this thread about testicular torsion causing grapplers to lose a testicle. I wear a cup and at least once every few months it gets hit. The idea that unintentional nutshots are uncommon in BJJ is just silly.

They aren't allowed at my academy, most academies and at most tournaments, and they shouldn't be. It's best to learn how to grapple not getting hit in the balls. If you are getting hit often, then you need to make adjustments in your grappling/movement IMO.

I understand the sentiment regarding safety, but where is the line drawn? The same could be said about eye protection. Your first eye injury could be your last as well. Do you raise concerns over tournaments and academies if they do not allow safety eye ware? Eye injuries are rare but you just need to learn how to roll and avoid getting poked in the eyes while in transition, just like your balls. They happen but they SHOULD be rare if you are moving with good awareness.

rexkwondo79 - They aren't allowed at my academy, most academies and at most tournaments, and they shouldn't be. It's best to learn how to grapple not getting hit in the balls. If you are getting hit often, then you need to make adjustments in your grappling/movement IMO.

I understand the sentiment regarding safety, but where is the line drawn? The same could be said about eye protection. Your first eye injury could be your last as well. Do you raise concerns over tournaments and academies if they do not allow safety eye ware? Eye injuries are rare but you just need to learn how to roll and avoid getting poked in the eyes while in transition, just like your balls. They happen but they SHOULD be rare if you are moving with good awareness.

that first line is simply not true.  the majority of gyms allow cups.  Many tournaments likewise allow them, the ibjjf doesn't.  would you tell the guys fighting mma not to wear a cup?  if you wouldn't, then you also understand that you need to train using the equipment you compete with.

it's cool guys, I'll be the pussy with a cup and both nuts...I'm fine with that

SlapUsilly - 

Ironically, it's the pussies in here that feel they need cups.

Unfair advantages during armbars and triangles since they act as a fulcrum during an armbar and as a hard object that latches to your chin/jaw during triangles.

They say that they can cause more injuries when getting thrown as well, although, honestly,  i'm not sure how.

16+ years training, and i've taken maybe 2 nut shots the whole time.

16 years training as well and I could care less if you worry about my own personal nut protection during training. I never wear it during tournies btw. 

I roll with guys with cups and don't have issue with it. Phone Post 3.0

My issue is that with the more protective equipment people wear, the more like assholes they become. I love the guys with headgear who bitch about their ears, then throw on the headgear and drive them into your face. Cups are the same way.

I think for sports (like the ibjjf), they should allow the protective equipment, but from a fighting perspective i do think it changes your game. It makes you less careful. But all the rules do that.