tradução de uma palavra, por favor

O que quer dizer "catimba" em Ingles?

Muito obrigado.

-David Jacobs

astuteness, subtlety, spending some time with a hidden intention

It is a slang.

obrigado, DonnaTroy.

Como a palavra relata (?) um jogador de futebol?

(em Ingles, por favor :-) )

Ninguem pode ajudar-me?

:-(

At soccer?

The player stays with the ball, but don´t run with it, don´t move, don´t pass it to another player; or he fakes an injury on a fault, to gain some time, both for his team rearrange in the field, or to not allow the other team to have the ball again and make a goal at the end.

Obrigado de novo.

Hmmmmm.... Interessante. Talvez o jogador de futebol e quase um "cheater"?

Como se disse "cheater" in Portuguese?

No, it is not the same. It is part of the game in Brazil, although a bit annoying. Like a fight without action, it is not against the rules, but referees and public want to see the game moving on.

In my small English/Portuguese dictionary (don´t you have one?), cheater has two different, but close meanings: impostor and trapaceiro. Impostor is a person that pretends to be another. Trapaceiro is a person that acts tricky to mislead another. Catimbeiro would be a mild way of trapaceiro, the consequences don´t have a criminal connotation like the first one.

(edited to change "too" to "two"... sigh...)

Infelizmente, o meu dicinario esta en casa. I tentei usar o internet dicinario , mas ele nao poderia me ajudar.

Aha, voce fala portugues tambem David. Sabe muitas coisas differentes, impressionante!

Obrigado, o meu amigo.

Eu gostaria de praticar Portuguese mais, mas e dificil para mim porque eu vivo em America.

Ninguem tem mais informamcao re: "catimba"?

Portugues e dificio aqui no Brasil tambem.. ;-)