Train BJJ Outdoors?

I want to roll outside. Put mats on grass or just a tarp? Any ideas or experience?

no mat or tarp? just on the grass?

In the spring and summer my BJJ club gets together for some extra training outside, usually at some local baseball diamonds cause they have decently kept grass. There is a forest nearby that we train in as well, start off with a run then move on to carrying heavy logs around, flipping them end over end, doing squats etc Rocky 4 style.

It is a nice change from being in the gym all the time and also gives you a slightly more real world training atmosphere, not to mention being out in the nice weather.

It is funny when people walk by though, just looks like a big brawl going on in the middle of the diamond, they don't know what to think haha.

Like Chokeyou2 said, make sure you wear clothes you don't mind destroying.

TTT

Make sure people scoop their dog's poop.

"In the spring and summer my BJJ club gets together for some extra training outside, usually at some local baseball diamonds cause they have decently kept grass. There is a forest nearby that we train in as well, start off with a run then move on to carrying heavy logs around, flipping them end over end, doing squats etc Rocky 4 style."

You must train in Kitchener at Dragan's class.

cool

I used to roll with friends on the sand at the beach when I 1st got into BJJ.

I don't reccomend it though...LOL!!!

Strawberry scratches & cuts EVERYWHERE!

In my defense it was kinda common at the time though.

S.Mac, you are correct sir, I train under Dragan at the Lab.

Have you trained there before?

gotta watch out for the dog poop

Dragan, Rich and I used to be training partners from 99 to about 2003. We either trained at Waynes or in Dragan's basement. It was good times but I kind of lost interest in jiu jitsu plus I started working straight afternoons. I occasionally did some mma training with Rich in the mornings about once a week up untill I injured my shoulders last year.

I've trained with BDU's in the wet grass. It was sluggish and more tiring.