Training Schedule Nightmare

I posted this in s&c and probablly should have posted it here, so here we go -

Please forgive me if this is not the correct section but id appreciate some advice on my training schedule.

I have recieved some very solid information on here regarding training and adjusted training based on the advice here provided by posters. As many know i come from a wrestling/grappling background and i am currently trying out the transition to mma. My problem - today i was told that my gym was closing - a disaster.

Now i have the option of going to another gym nearby but it means rescheduling all of my training. I currently have access to a world class greco coach and an excellent kickboxing coach which i do not want to lose and will have to go to them outside of the training schedule provided by the gym.

The schedule of the local gym is only offering mma classes twice a week and the cost monthly is pretty expensiove for what u get and the level of the guys coaching are moderate. but the alternative is to travel many miles at great expense to train, pay a monthly fee and spend most of my days away from home. Its a real pain in the ass - once i thought that i had my s&c sorted this happens. Any way below are a list of options avilable to me on particular days.

Monday - Greco, judo, mma.
Tuesday - Greco, a short grappling class.
Wednesday - Bjj
Thursday - Mma, greco, judo
Friday - Greco, Kboxing, no gi class (about 45mins away)
Saturady - Greco, mma class (45mins away)
Sunday - sub wrestling, Kboxing

Once i written this down i can see that i have quite a selection but i cannot make up my mind which days to train (and in what discipline)and which days to rest - my schedule has become messed up bigtime. I want to avail of as much greco as humanly possible because its in a very small group and the coach is great. I feel that i could learn alot quickly and its proven as transfering over to mma very well.

This is only a personal perspective, but id like to learn the differnt sports in their purest forms so to gain and understanding of each of the ranges. Although i am aware of where my strengths lye.

Has anybody any suggestions? Im totally confused and am throwing this out there in the hope some of the experienced posters will give their advice. I want to keep foolowing leighs advice on strength and cond which advoactes alot of training condensed into one day but requires a day off after wards to recover. This is all done in conjunction with fulltime work.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

I think you need to narrow your week down first by picking specific days to train. Training 7 days a weeks is rough and too much for the body. You don't have any time to let your body. Don't want to overtrain.

too much training ... i understand Leighs point of alot of training in one day... so first wouldbe to eliminate a couple ofdays or maybe 3 days

i like this schedule modification here

Monday - Greco, judo, mma.

Thursday - Mma, greco, judo
Friday - Greco, Kboxing, no gi class (about 45mins away)
Saturady - Greco, mma class (45mins away)

that is all u need.. i noticed u said u wanted alot of GReco so u have 2 local days near u and the weekends to travel since u have more time to travel and rest overall :)

tuesdays is really not necessary since u have a consolidated 4 days of GREco and then some...why bother or if u wanted to stay close to home...use tuesday and eliminate fri or sat. :)

just as ryno601 said and i agree u need rest...no need for 7 days considering THAT kind of training...if it was just bjj that would be a lil different.

i am under the same banner as Arthur Jones as u pretty much and Leigh are as well... he advocates multi joint moves like bench/squat/deadlift ..the idea is utilize the most at once in the smallest amount of time for MAXIMUM performance with alot of rest in between to develop :) personallyi wouldnt do Bjj one day then another day greco when u have 4 of those days hitting those and more at once .

My amateur's train 4-5 MMA sessions/week +3-4 S&C sessions.

Guys maybe i havent made myself clear and for that i appologise.

The routine that i wrote out was a summary of the type of good training that i have avilable to be on any given day. I am by no means going to attempt to train in all of these sessions. I need advice on constructing a good routine. ie how many days greco..how many days kickboxing..how many days mma etc would be rercommended by posters on here.

What is an 'ideal spilt for training'? Considering my backround is grappling - do i need concentrate on getting good in other areas? Hope this makes sense.

If i even attempted to try and train in all these sessions i would definately be put in an early grave. :)

I have decided that i am going to train alot of greco (maybe x4 per wk) as its readily avilable to me over the next 6wks or so. I am loving it and adjusting it to suit mma.

Anyway hope this helps clarify the situation better.

I have decided that i am going to train alot of greco (maybe x4 per wk) as its readily avilable to me over the next 6wks or so. I am loving it and adjusting it to suit mma.

-

yeah that is the reason i picked the 4 days of Greco on this plus  are getting a nice all around deal with judo/mma mixed in  :)