Training with Rani Yahra...

Rani's match against Baret was awesome. Who gave Rani his blackbelt? I know Rickson coached him for a while and now he's with Team Quest?

Furaco, does he not compete in the gi anymore, it would be awesome to see him compete in the Mundials or Pan Ams

Rani's match against Baret was awesome. Who gave Rani his blackbelt? I know Rickson coached him for a while and now he's with Team Quest?

Furaco, does he not compete in the gi anymore, it would be awesome to see him compete in the Mundials or Pan Ams

pitbullxyz - Rani still wears the gi occasionally but he told me he prefers No-gi. He said he's been doing gi tourneys since he was 11yrs old, so he got kind of burnt and went to no-gi and MMA. The last ime I saw him wear the gi was when he beat Johnny Ramirez. He got his BB from an older guy in Brazil (not Rickson but I cant recall the name).

MMA and no-gi are going to be his focus for a long time so expect to see more great stuff from him.

Rani got his black belt from Athaide Jr.

Check out www.ocjj.com. Rani teaches 1 MMA class and 2 No-Gi classes there.

Rani won the mundials at blue and purple. Might have won in the juvenile division too.