Travis Browne HW Fighter of the Year

Travis Browne fought three times in 2013. Spent just over 6 min total fight times combined in the cage . Won by KO in all three bouts and All three earned KO of the night awards.

He did all this seemingly not on many peoples radar. But now looking back, that has got to put him to the forefront for HW Fighter of the year and a dark horse for Fighter of the Year.

Discuss. Phone Post 3.0

prolly.

I can't really think of any other HW fighter who's 2013 resume is that impressive. Phone Post 3.0

Gonzaga. Overeem. Barnett.

Impressive. WAR HAPA! Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, he's had an amazing year. Gives fans something to be excited about. I'm glad he's come back so well after the knee injury. Phone Post 3.0

He did get KO'd by Bigfoot though, correct?

Or was that last year? Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't even call him a dark horse for overall. Great performances this year. He earned a lot of fans I believe. That includes me. Phone Post 3.0

They need to line him up with JDS.   I agree with OP, even though he had a loss Hunt had a hell of a year too as did Cain beating Bigfoot and JDS.

DoomFarmer - He did get KO'd by Bigfoot though, correct?

Or was that last year? Phone Post 3.0
Last year, he is 3-0 with 3 KOTN bonuses for 2013 Phone Post 3.0

Ttt for Big Browne Phone Post 3.0

C4mac - 

They need to line him up with JDS.   I agree with OP, even though he had a loss Hunt had a hell of a year too as did Cain beating Bigfoot and JDS.

That was my first thought as well.
Apparently he and Werdum are next to see who gets a crack at Cain but it's so weird to see how JDS has just completely vanished from the HW narrative.

IMO, even if he can never beat Cain again, JDS still may be a step above everyone else at HW. An obnoxious situation from a contendership standpoint to have a dominant #1 who can beat everyone but the super-dominant champion. I'd like to see Browne fight JDS too but understand that the UFC has to make a championship fight for Cains return, so it makes sense that he'd be in that picture.

Fights -
C4mac - 

That was my first thought as well.
Apparently he and Werdum are next to see who gets a crack at Cain but it's so weird to see how JDS has just completely vanished from the HW narrative.

IMO, even if he can never beat Cain again, JDS still may be a step above everyone else at HW. An obnoxious situation from a contendership standpoint to have a dominant #1 who can beat everyone but the super-dominant champion. I'd like to see Browne fight JDS too but understand that the UFC has to make a championship fight for Cains return, so it makes sense that he'd be in that picture.
This is why I wad happy to hear UFC were not going to make an interim HW championship. Cause I feel like JDS would of ended up with that interim strap and we would have to see Cain vs JDS 4 and I believe Cain just had JDS's number. Phone Post 3.0