Travis Fulton - A future Ali?

and I don't mean, a future GOAT.

Guy is 14-24 as a boxer. 22 out of those 24 losses have been by knockout (11 knockouts within the last 3 years alone). All of his wins have been against people either making a debut, or people who have never won a boxing match. Not that I'm taking it away from him, because he has fought some decent competition also.

22 knockouts has got to have long term damage on the brain. Should he even be allowed to fight anymore? Someone could seriously hurt him in a fight and would have to live with it on their conscience.

Granted, the guy has balls and loves to fight. But fuck - unless he wants to be chewing food through a straw when he's 50, he needs to call it a day or at least stick to MMA where he has can at least take someone down if he's getting cracked in standup.

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=18561&cat=boxer

Wish he had made the cut for this season of TUF. Would have been an interesting selection for this season.

yeah i agree.. but what else is the guy gonna do for a living? i remember he did an iview with inside mma a while ago, the guy has no other options it seems. he barely gets by as is.

Styro - yeah i agree.. but what else is the guy gonna do for a living? i remember he did an iview with inside mma a while ago, the guy has no other options it seems. he barely gets by as is.

I feel ya man. But come on, there is other labour jobs he could find out there. You can't seriously expect me to believe that there is no alternative to his lifestyle. I understand he loves to fight, and loves to get paid for doing something that he obviously adores - but christ, 11 knockouts in 3 years is just too much for the brain to take.

=

FSMA - Unless he gets a bad case of Parkinsons, I'm going with "no".

FSMA - I take it you have never heard of Dementia pugilistica.

JOB - FSMA - I take it you have never heard of Dementia pugilistica.

Yes and I'm sure that Ali's state was worsened because of boxing but say it's strictly from that is not true.

FSMA - 
JOB - FSMA - I take it you have never heard of Dementia pugilistica.

Yes and I'm sure that Ali's state was worsened because of boxing but say it's strictly from that is not true.

You've no evidence to say that it wasn't. When you look at the vast array of boxers who have it, it all adds up.

Fulton has actually really cut back on his fight schedule lately. Apparently he has re-dedicated himself to training.

I'm sure there are plenty of gyms where he could coach MMA.

look for a KO loss on his MMA record, well over 200 fights without one. this is the thing about fulton that you mudnamers need to understand, when he is fit and in shape, he should be under 200 pounds (been along time for that)I went to highschool with the guy. If he had a top gym to train out of, like alot of the "name" fighters that he fights and beats half the time, he would be a top contender right now. for the most part, he trains with "cans" like myself and still beats tough guys. his diet is horrible for an athlete. I have seen him when he is game and I have seen him when he is not game. when he wants to win, he is fierce, unfortunantly that fire is not there like it used to be, and personally, I am highly dissappointed in him because I KNOW what he is capable of, and it is way more than he has been putting out the past few years. Again, in the face of all this he still beats tough guys. IMO, if he were to get invited to TUF, I think that might actually reinvigorate him. Fulton @ 195 with a real desire to do well, a cleaned up diet, and a solid gym/training partners, watch out!

and he's not like some people who just fight for money. He won't just quit. People forget his IFL with Rothwell when he stood in and traded for the full fight.

I think thats the guy with some unique views on race

his superior Euro genetics should protect him from any brain damage

OldManMinerva - I think thats the guy with some unique views on race

his superior Euro genetics should protect him from any brain damage

He might have a few goofy ideas, but he is made out to be some white power type. That is far from the truth, If you were to hang out with the guy you would never think that. I have seen other ethnicities on mainstream media say way worse shit than he has been "attributed" to saying and they get a pass because they are not white. I have known the dude for 15 years and I personally dont really see where this is coming from. sure maybe he made a racist joke or something (if he did, fill me in) but every ethnicity make racist jokes and the only ones who have to hide it are white people. Yes black people, chinesse, mexicans, and every other shade of the human genome say racist jokes, why? because they are funny, that is why the word JOKE is attached to it. When it gets not to be funny is when there is malicious intent behind them.