Trigg v. Koscheck @ UFC 103

This is an awesome fight!

Who you got?

Source: MMAWeekly.com

Helluva big fight for Trigg's first fight back in the big show. I didn't expect him to get any breaks, but damn!...Hope Trigg is living in the gym.

not a good fight for trigg imo

Koscheck is better at everything.

theyre about the same in intriguing complexion though.

mmajunkie.com/news/15037/despite-reports-frank-trigg-insists-bout-with-josh-koscheck-not-yet-on-the-table.mma

A welterweight bout is nearing completion for an as of yet unannounced UFC 103 show in September. American Kickboxing Academy fighter Josh Koscheck looks to get back into action, and he will welcome back former top 170-pound contender Frank Trigg. The bout marks Trigg's first fight back with the organization since signing a new four-fight deal with the UFC earlier this week.

The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight on Friday, who indicated the fight has been verbally agreed to at this point.

Koscheck suffered a foot injury that kept him out of his last fight, a bout against Chris Wilson that was to take place at last weekend's UFC 98 card in Las Vegas.

The former "Ultimate Fighter" season one competitor has been chomping at the bit to get back in action since his first round TKO loss to Paulo Thiago in February.

By fight time, it will have been over 4 years since Trigg competed in the Octagon, but he will look to get back in strong form facing a Top 10 competitor in Koscheck.

Since exiting the UFC, Trigg has competed in numerous organizations including Pride, Icon, Strikeforce and Sengoku. This will be Trigg's first fight back at welterweight since moving to the 185-pound class in 2006.

The bout between Koscheck and Trigg is all but guaranteed to end up on the main card of whatever show the UFC promotes in September. While no official announcement has been made, Sept. 26 has been the proposed date, and England has been mentioned as a possible location.

btw...I smell a snipe job here. I hope Dana doesn't bring Frank in to lose just so he can cut him after one fight. That would be pretty low.

I hope Trigg wins this, cant wait to see him fight again.....& smash Koscheck

michellemma - I hope Trigg wins this, cant wait to see him fight again.....& smash Koscheck

why is that?

the same could be said about Trigg.

Kos via destruction. I like Trigg, but Kos is in it to win it.

junon - 
michellemma - I hope Trigg wins this, cant wait to see him fight again.....& smash Koscheck

why is that?

Its more a "Pro Trigg" than "anti Kos" post. I'm a Trigg fan and would love to see him win this fight.

This is a really tough first fight back, but I like it a lot

kos: please retire him from all fighting or speaking gigs

Bad comeback fight.. Koscheck will win.

EvilMaster - Helluva big fight for Trigg's first fight back in the big show. I didn't expect him to get any breaks, but damn!...Hope Trigg is living in the gym.

+1

funny this is the match up they bring Frank back with.... I think it was just last week that Frank was breaking down Josh's style and limitations on Junkie radio. Something related to minimal head movement and shooting limitations due to neck injury.

Frank...work your guard to death!!!

" I hope Dana doesn't bring Frank in to lose just so he can cut him after one fight. That would be pretty low."

Why would they do that, though? Why bring him in at all? The noob audience doesn't know Trigg, and it's not like there is a shortage of opponents at 170. I agree the matchmaking seems odd, but not from a fan perspective -- it's a great matchup for us.

Hope your right...But I dunno. He brings Trigg in cold, locks him into a 4 fight contract. Makes his first fight against one of the top young guns of the division. No warm up fight no nothing. Seems a bit odd to me. If Trigg said anything that pissed Dana off on any Radio show or TV show or article or anything, this could be Dana getting some revenge.

Set Trigg up for a loss. When he loses, shelve him so he can't go fight anywhere else and just leave him in contractual limbo. I dunno...Dana does sneaky shit like this. Hope I am wrong though.