Trivia time (pic)

This sounds familiar… was it Royce Gracie vs Ron Van Clief?

No,it did not occur in the UFC,but a major promotion back then.

1 Like

Oh shit my bad I’m blind I missed that part

1 Like

Hint,

It happened in Superbrawl.

Hmmmm. I’ll just take a wild guess and say Bennett vs Palmer.

No sir.

Vitor Belfort vs John Hess.

It’s been verified on here by TJ Thompson.

1 Like

T.Jay_Thompson

Jul '21

100% true
The decision to have a true No Rules was decided after weigh-in in a conference room at 24Hour Fitness Honolulu. Matt Hume, referee Steve English and I were in the room when Team Hess proposed and Carlson accepted

That’s a good piece of trivia. I actually just posted that fight a couple hours ago in a different thread. I didn’t know about them agreeing on the no rules stipulation. My guess was it had to be someone out there like a TMA guy or in Hess’s case someone with their own Martial Art lol

The post was that it used to be like those holy grail fights or VHS tapes to get that fight and even on today’s internet you only find either the good quality clip of the fight or the bad quality full fight. It’s really strange but would love to have a great copy of that fight and whole event but not sure it exists. The search continues

1 Like

I didn’t want to give it away.I seen your post & it made me think of that trivia question.

Once again,I don’t look this shit up.It’s all stuff that I know.

1 Like

Two fighters were fined $2000.00 for rules violations in the UFC.

Name one or both of the fined fighters.

Hess for the eye gouges. I’m not sure if I know who the other is.

1 Like

That is correct.

Nice job!

Was the other one Gerard Gordeau?

Ok,during the Joe Son vs Keith Hackney fight,you can clearly hear Big John McCarthy say “$2,000 right there”

I always thought that it was BJM fining Hackney for the nut shots on Joe Son,but I was told it was for Kimo not obeying BJM instructions.

Go back & watch the fight with the sound up & tell me what you think?

Did no one get fined for Closed Fist Punching on that UFC 9 card in Detroit?

I think there were threats of it against Mark Schultz or Severn/Shamrock in the Main Event and it looks like they were abiding by it until the end of the fight where Severn bloodied him up.

Pretty funny that on that card where they were so worried violence and had last minute rule changes…. That it also had one of the most vicious fights in NHB/MMA history with Frye vs Bitteti

From what I can remember nobody was fined for closed fist punching,even though it was occuring.

Listen closely at around the :42 second mark.Is Joe Son getting fined for Kimo not obeying BJM instructions of not getting back to his corner?

Son/Hackney was what I thought the other might be for but I wasn’t sure and I wouldn’t never thought it was the corner getting it.

BJM: “2000 Right There” lol