Trying to identify BJJ Dirty Dozen

Mark Eccard should have been a member for the d12 but isn't. Anybody know why Rickson never promoted him to black belt? He was beating all of Rickson's other black belts at the old academy. He could have legitimately been a black belt in 93/94.

Mr positive - 
BoiseBlueBelt - 
Mr positive - It would be interesting to hear an interview with Kukuk!

Classes with Craig are amazing. Not only do you learn top quality no-gi jiu jitsu, each class is also like a BJJ history lesson. Craig is a great guy and I feel fortunate to have him as my instructor and friend. It amazes me that a legend like Craig has chosen to call Boise, Idaho home.

I can confirm that Craig doesn't have any tattoos...but he does still have his trademark mustache.

And not to beat a dead horse, but he pronounces his name Q-Cuck, so I have to assume that's the right way to say it.

That is awesome to hear! It would be awesome to get him an interview on open mat radio, or inside bjj podcast with him. Make it happen!

It would be cool, but I don't think there is much of a chance of it happening. Craig likes to keep to himself for the most part. He knows that people have their opinions about what happened between him and Renzo or him and Bob Bass, but he doesn't really worry about it. He just wants to train his group of guys and stay out of the limelight. People underestimate the impact that Craig made on jiu jitsu in the USA, and he's fine with that, too. Again, I feel extremely fortunate to have Craig here in Boise and to be able to call him my friend and instructor. I'm sure he'd be happy to roll if any of you ever happen to be in the Boise area...

Who was the most recent person to get a bb from rickson?

Boisebluebelt, Has Craig advanced in rank in BJJ or is he strictly No-gi now?

Craig is strictly no-gi.

yeah,  Craig should be the first american redbelt by now right?

Royler is 7th degree and Bob Bass is 5th degree, so I would guess that Craig would be 6th degree.

BoiseBB,

Really cool. Seems like he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Great thread, a lot of history.. Now, who is the first american luta livre black belt ? Phone Post

vegard - Who was the most recent person to get a bb from rickson?

I think it's Kevin Casey after his self promotion. Brandon Hetzler got his black sometime after Kron too.

ttt

Great thread. Sad to see Hostile posted RIP. I would probably take a private from Craig Kukuk just to be able to get some BJJ history from him. I've never met him but much respect. Phone Post

PTM2020 - 

Cool pic.  That's my coach, Renato Magno, on the right.

Awesome thread Phone Post 3.0

haueter is the only one still competing that I know of?

RIP Hostile. :(

. Phone Post 3.0

James "Avalanche " Boran (Moreira) still competes, got his black belt in 98.

Adiv is a 4th degree almost 5th under Royler. Dave started training with Rickson then Rickson put him with Royler and they've been together ever since. He used to live 6 months in nj and 6 months in Brazil. Also would go to LA and train with Rickson a lot. He was my first BJJ instructor and would bring Royler in once and a while. And since I started training @ 9yrs old, I didn't know who Royler was. I just thought he was Dave's friend who talked funny. Phone Post 3.0