TUF17: tryouts in Vegas

UFC will be hosting a casting call for the next US edition of its long-running reality series, The Ultimate Fighter®, on September 17, 2012, in the Palace Station Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada . Season 17 will be featuring middleweight (185lbs) and light heavyweight (205lbs) fighters.

Hopefuls must be at least 21 years old, have a minimum of three professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fights – and hold a winning record (with verifiable records). Application can be found online at Applicantshttp://www.ufc.com/tuf17. Candidates will be notified at the end of the tryouts if they have been selected to continue on in the casting process. If selected, applicants must be prepared to stay in Las Vegas until September 22.

Middleweights were most recently featured on TUF 11, where Court McGee emerged as season winner; while light heavyweights were last featured on TUF 8, the title captured by Ryan Bader.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/09/05/tuf-17-tryouts-sept-17-in-las-vegas-ufc-news-36101.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+MMA+NEWS+BLOGS%29

About time they go back to bigger guys. I always thought it was dumb they don't have the cast in the same weightclass as the coaches. Wouldn't Carwin and Nelson know most about the heavyweight division, not the welterweight division? Shoulda been heavyweights for sure

For this lhw/mw season it will probably be mccall and mighty mouse or some shit

Tap In -  About time they go back to bigger guys. I always thought it was dumb they don't have the cast in the same weightclass as the coaches. Wouldn't Carwin and Nelson know most about the heavyweight division, not the welterweight division? Shoulda been heavyweights for sure

I think the idea might be so that theres not much of a chance they end up fighting their coach? i may be wrong.

Tap In -  About time they go back to bigger guys. I always thought it was dumb they don't have the cast in the same weightclass as the coaches. Wouldn't Carwin and Nelson know most about the heavyweight division, not the welterweight division? Shoulda been heavyweights for sure

This. 

Because the skills in wrestliing,  BJJ and boxing are totally different for each weight class and don't carry over at all...  And it makes perfecet sense for Nelson and Carwin to be coaching guys they will eventually fight.

^They dont want another Hamill/Tito?

Ive never felt happier for any fighter than Hamill beating Tito...

BobD - 

This. 

Because the skills in wrestliing,  BJJ and boxing are totally different for each weight class and don't carry over at all...  And it makes perfecet sense for Nelson and Carwin to be coaching guys they will eventually fight.

Yea who likes storylines in fights? Backstories always hurt view rates. Do you watch fights? Heavyweights and flyweights use very different skillsets and gameplans

I've had a few friends tell me I should try out. I have to explain that there is an additional qualification for applicants. You cannot be a UFC veteran. I went through the process for TUF 11 and was told that I would be called to set up a trip to Vegas for more interviews. Instead I got a call saying that they were no longer going to take former UFC fighters. I blame Nick Thompson. They were just looking for a way to blackball him.

Apparently I have to earn my way back. How ridiculous!

I wish they would have cast Nick Newell for the last 155 TUF Phone Post

Anyone going to try out?