Tyson and Francis drop a workout promo video

3 Likes

Saw Teddy Atlas say on his podcast that Francis’ camp reached out to Teddy and asked him to train Francis. He accepted their request and then they completely ghosted him and chose Mike Tyson instead. Never got back in touch with Teddy after that and left him hanging. He seemed pretty hurt by it.

7 Likes

I wanted a longer video.

2 Likes

Must of been an older video but I saw Teddy and Francis working on uppercuts together

1 Like

Yeah that was old. I saw Teddy telling the story sometime this week I think on his podcast

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Certainly not out of character for Francis, considering how he’s handled other trainers in his past…Hopefully Mike got paid upfront for his services.

As far as Tyson goes, he’s not going to be able to implement the changes Ngannou needs to make. Nobody can. It’s silly that this guy waited until 2 months out from this fight to start working regularly with boxing specific trainers, knowing that boxing is what he’s been chasing for how long now? I honestly feel he wanted more of an endorsement from Tyson for promotional reasons, above anything else.

6 Likes

Imagine deciding to work with the pothead version of Mike Tyson for the cool points instead of working with the professional trainer who was one of the guys who made Mike Tyson. Even if only briefly.

At any rate, dick move to ask for help and not have the decency to reach out and close the loop.

3 Likes

Teddy mentioned how Tyson is one of Francis’ heroes and someone he always looked up to, so he understood the decision from that standpoint. Teddy said it hurt the way Francis ghosted him but he isn’t going to hold it against him.

I also think he should have gone with a proven trainer like Teddy who is legendary at what he does. We all know Tyson is incredible, but we have never seen him coach before. Seems like Francis made the wrong choice but we won’t know until he fights Fury. Hell, Teddy even trained young Tyson!

1 Like

Pizza Yes GIF

1 Like