Tyson Fury gauging interest in Francis Ngannou with 4oz gloves

So are you actually retarded or just not very smart?

2 Likes

Did anyone let Francis know that heā€™s fighting Gane? He seems to be worrying about a lot of other stuff.

3 Likes

For anyone thinking it is completely different with smaller gloves. Fury is knocking out the highest ranked boxers with boxing gloves. So just think his huge skill advantage and his history with boxing gloves but now smaller gloves. My best guess is Ngannou knows he has no chances but just wants a huge pay day.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the truth. Guy better be careful, Gane is focusedā€¦

2 Likes

Just like every non boxer wanting caneloā€¦

Have you ever seen Ngannou throw and elbow in a fight? Have you seen him practice throwing elbows? How do you know that he knows how to kick?

Derrick Lewis has the most knockouts in the history of the UFC, and never ones has he needed to throw an elbow strike.

Elbows are useless.

Ngannou has a chin. If he connects with one Fury will be counting sheep. He is also faster. But I donā€™t know if he can connect. Fury will not be able to block punches as easy with the small gloves. I hope Ngannou takes a dive so he can leave the UFC and gets the big money fight with Fury.

Elbows generally donā€™t ever do much of anything except cut people open. They are mostly just a distraction. Mainly good for just slicing up peopleā€™s faces.

It is very rare to see an elbow actually end a fight. Of course it has happened and will continue to happen but in the vast majority of fights they are the least important strike by far and mostly irrelevant.

Iā€™d much rather see Pride rules where we get to see knees to a downed opponent. Now that is a real game changer. The dynamics of a fight change dramatically moving to Pride rules and hitting a downed opponent.

2 Likes

I agree 100 percent.

I watched Amanda Nunesā€™ destruction of both Cris Cyborg and Ronda Rousey and not one elbow was throw by anyone the entire fights. I watched 2 epic fight of Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington and not one elbow was thrown by either fighter in either fights. I watched the last 2 Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier and no elbows were thrown by either fighter in either fights.

Elbows are useless.

Plenty of greats rarely use leg kicks or finish fights with leg kicks. Does that make them useless?

1 Like

Dubai came to mind

They could get it done if they wanted to

Hilariously easy win for Fury

2 Likes

Yes, they are useless to the many all-time greats who became champions without ever throwing one leg kick their entire career. These champions obviously found leg kicks useless and unnecessary.

I think reach and hieght would come into play, Fran loads up with power upper cuts and hooks. Tyson would be circling away from the power and landing long strikes

As elbows were for Chuck. Ok. Makes sense

I donā€™t think elbows would be much of an issue even if they were allowed. Tyson fights long and would defend on a break

Elbows are never and issue to a superior fighter. There is a reason why they measure reach. Longer reach gives a fighter an advantage, Yes Tyson Furry fights long and takes full advantage of his reach.

With MMA gloves I take Francis. Unless Fury has an extensive background in street fighting, which he may, being the Gypsy King and all.

The removal off the glove makes a significant difference in the defending of punches.

1 Like