Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Fight Expected to Be Announced 'Very Soon'

What promises to be a highly anticipated match between boxer Tyson Fury and MMA fighter Francis Ngannou may be happening in the near future.

On Friday, combat sports insider Ariel Helwanireported such a fight “is expected to be announced very soon.”

Ngannou has discussed facing Fury for years, and the latter revealed during an appearance on the Out of Interest podcast (h/t Ryan Harkness of MMA Mania) that the MMA fighter was willing to step into the boxing ring.

“Yes, Francis Ngannou,” Fury said when asked if any MMA fighters were willing to face him in a boxing match.

There’s been a lot of talk of me and Ngannou fighting each other, and he wants to come to boxing, he wanted to fight me," he continued. “He’s been talking a lot of stuff on Instagram, wants to fight. Was even at one of my last fights. Got in the ring, confronted me. There’s potential, potential. We’ve had a lot of offers come in from the Middle East at the moment to host that fight this summer.”

Ngannou told TMZ Sports in January he has been in contact with Fury’s representatives.

The idea of the two stars fighting picked up plenty of steam after Fury defeated Dillian Whyte in April 2022. Ngannou joined the victor in the ring, and they gave a joint interview discussing a matchup that would have hybrid rules with boxing and MMA elements:

Going up against Fury, 34, would be quite the task for the 36-year-old.

Fury is 33-0-1 with 24 knockouts in his illustrious boxing career. His most recent win came over Derek Chisora in December, and most of his victories come in rather dominant fashion.

Ngannou is no stranger to dominance and went 17-3 while fighting in UFC from 2015 to 2022. He defeated Stipe Miocic for the UFC heavyweight title in March 2021 and then defended it against Cyril Gane in January 2022.

2 Likes

Lost to Derrick Lewis and old man stipe. His biggest wins are against old washed up fighters

7 Likes

Prime Sylvia wrecks his ass

5 Likes

There’s over half a dozens guys that would school Francis in their primes

If this boxing match happens I hope TF does not carry him the way Mayweather did Conman in their fight

3 Likes

Well I hope the rumors of an exhibition with no knock downs isn’t true either

5 Likes

My brah making it rain!! Ngannou Bomaye!!

3 Likes

Its stupid as fuck. Fury needs to fight Usyk or like 10 other current boxers before he should be signing for shit like this.

8 Likes

All of brocks wins were against old washed up fighters too and he lost a bunch. Oh but he’s white so all good hey Vegito.

2 Likes

What a stupid fight , shouldn’t be sanctioned.

2 Likes

I’m not going to believe it’s a fight until both guys are in the ring. Every week there’s 6 different stories, today it’s Fury, tomorrow it’s Wilder again, and the day after that, who the fuck even knows.

I totally understand why boxing is dead. The fuckery and posturing that happens. Can I call this contract feinting?

1 Like

What a pointless fight. Usyk is the fight. AJ didn’t earn it, but that would be fun too. This makes zero sense, Fury will probably take it easy a few rounds before he finishes him to not make it look to dumb.

On the other hand, Tyson took out everyone. He retired. I guess he can do whatever the fuck he wants in the overtime of his career.

If this fight does happen, we all have to join forces and NOT pay for the fight. Do NOT send any of your money to Francis. I want this fight to be a failure.

Usyk/Fury is rumored for December in Saudi land

I don’t understand such baseless hate for Francis. He does not owe anybody anything. He is free to do what he wants with his career. And you are free to do what you want with your money, but it sounds like your reason for not paying is that you just hate the guy.

It’s too bad that we won’t get Ngannou vs Pavlovich or Jones, those would have been interesting fights. And for the record, I do think this is a pointless fight that Fury will most likely win easily. But Francis has his own plan for his life and is working towards it. He has said many times that he always wanted to box.

4 Likes

Fury can beat Fran and Usyk in the same year

If Francis get paid, good for him. Make no mistake though this fight is the equivalent of McGregor / Maywheather. No way Francis has a chance in the ring. Seems like it will devalue Francis long term if he wants to get back into MMA.

McGreg didn’t lose value because he is so good at entertaining and the UFC was behind him.

2 Likes

I hope it happens, and I hope Fury makes a concerted effort to make Francis looks as shitty as he truly is.

2 Likes

If it happens I could see Fury not training and coming in looking fat as shit and still embarrassing Francis. I hate these stupid ass crossover fights. These guys have a limited window of time where they are good and this shot just wastes their time. Look at how much a guy like Hagler fought as champion compared to modern fighters. It’s pathetic.

3 Likes

Good for Francis. He’s about to get that payday he wanted.

MMA’s lineal heavyweight champion is out of the UFC.

2 Likes

Funny how everyone who was saying he made a mistake and should have took what the UFC offered him are now nowhere to be seen. Maybe just maybe him and his agent knew what they were doing.

4 Likes