UFC 102 far from sold out; economy, taxes problema

Doesn't surprise me...it may be an exciting card to fans who know alot about MMA, but it's not a card exciting enough to sellout. In the past two UFC events, fights like Lesnar vs. Mir (UFC 100) and Griffin vs. Silva (101) are both examples of fights that build up suspense and force even those who aren't into MMA that much to either buy the PPV or go see it in their hometown...who doesn't want to see a big guy like Mir try to take the belt from an unnaturally large beast like Lesnar? On a change of discussion, I can't wait for TUF 10 to come on, we need some new good heavyweights to come up to raise some excitement in the UFC.

again, to all of you oregon MMA lovers.

Whatever you think of this card, you'd probably better buy a ticket.

Because the UFC is never coming back. At least not for 5 years, minimum. They have so many places dying for their first show or dying for a second show like Atlanta/Philly/etc. They have Boston and NYC to open up, which will be massive money makers that they will hit again and again. They have Canada, where any crap show will sell out instantly and they always make massive money. they have continental europe/asia/thewholedamnworld that they desperately want to expand to. If this show doesn't sell well, they'll just ignore you for at least 5 years because there is no shortage of other places to go.

UFC 102 = "Night of the has beens" or "You lose, you cruise on over to Strikeforce".

DannyOcean - again, to all of you oregon MMA lovers.

Whatever you think of this card, you'd probably better buy a ticket.

Because the UFC is never coming back. At least not for 5 years, minimum. They have so many places dying for their first show or dying for a second show like Atlanta/Philly/etc. They have Boston and NYC to open up, which will be massive money makers that they will hit again and again. They have Canada, where any crap show will sell out instantly and they always make massive money. they have continental europe/asia/thewholedamnworld that they desperately want to expand to. If this show doesn't sell well, they'll just ignore you for at least 5 years because there is no shortage of other places to go.

agreed. im glad i got my tix. Hopefully ill be able to move down to better seats!