UFC 222: Worst PPV ever!

Morpheus1976 - 
NEWSFLASH - Some of you guys are crazy. This is an amazing card.

If you aren’t familiar with some of the names on the main card, look them up and watch some of their previous fights.

The only fight I’m not overly excited about is the main event - and that’s the UFC promotion division’s fault. I barely know anything about Cyborgs opponent, I saw one very brief interview with her and that was it.

I get what they’re trying to do - they want/NEED to promote Cyborg as much to casuals as they can to try and recapture the Ronda fans who left when she did. I get it.

But for the hardcores (really, who tf doesn’t know who Cyborg is, and for years and years now?), they need to promote her opponents MORE than Cyborg herself, so that we know who might actually be a real threat to her. The only way to create interest in a Cyborg fight for hardcores is to show us an opponent who might actually beat her.

its totally not worth $65

As of right now, yeah, I can agree with that.

The thing is though, the UFC is going through a big change right now - most (not all) of the fighters we all know and are fans of are either past their prime or close to being past it. Aging is a bitch.

So they are desperately in need of younger new talent to become the next stars we all will know - it’s the only way to survive. And the only way we as fans can get to know them is to watch them. Fighters’ have a relatively short shelf life in the sport, especially if they didn’t hit the scene until their early 30’s.

^I think the UFC should have started promoting the new talent sooner (Sage and PVZ are the only two that come to mind that they did - which has turned into a mistake to focus on them rather than some others), and if they had they wouldn’t be in this turmoil transition period they are in now.

To me, Till is the biggest new talent I have seen and they should promote the shit out of him - what he did to Cowboy (and Cowboy is still a great talent and threat to everyone, and he fits in that “almost” category) reminded me of seeing JBJ the first time - his first UFC fight (or 2nd I guess) and just knowing “holy shit, this guy is going to wreck the division!”

I’ve said too much

I agree anyway, but only at this point in time. Eventually the new generation of talent will replace the older names we all know who are nearing the end of their careers.