UFC 222: Worst PPV ever!

Winston Wolf -

lets play naaaame the shill...this card absolutely sucks 

its in Vegas and in the T-mobile arena, wahhahahahah, going to be tarp day

Imagine how good this card would be considered if it had Cowboy/Yancy and Stephens/Emmett...

JoeVIP -

I will watch it. I like a lot of people on the card.

Same here. Card is looking good.

Besides loving the violence brings, you guys must be crazy if you don’t think Edgard vs Ortega is a great fight. This one is very puzzling.

Also, Struve vs Arlovski is great.

And Cat vs Ketlen has it all to be brutal.

Thge Cyborg mismatch ruins this PPV,,,that's a fight that's not even worth watching for free

JustAnotherMMAFan -

Besides loving the violence brings, you guys must be crazy if you don’t think Edgard vs Ortega is a great fight. This one is very puzzling.

Also, Struve vs Arlovski is great.

And Cat vs Ketlen has it all to be brutal.

yeah

Edgar vs Ortega is a good fight, but it dosn't make the card a ppv

Struve vs Arlovski is a loser leaves ufc fight, doesn't belong on a ppv

Cat has a losing streak and only fights once every 18 months, doesn't belong on a ppv

that kid from the contender series doesn't belong on a ppv either

cyborg belongs on a ppv card but not with an opponent with no previous fights in the UFC

MidnightStroll -

Thge Cyborg mismatch ruins this PPV,,,that's a fight that's not even worth watching for free

Amen!  I never even watched 1 Invicta fight.  Total horse shit card top to bottom.

Would you be more apt to pay for the card if it looked like this at the top?

Main Card (Pay-Per-View)

Frankie Edgar vs. Brian Ortega (5 rd INTERIM TITLE)

Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya

Stefan Struve vs. Andrei Arlovski

Beneil Dariush vs. Bobby Green

Ashley Yoder vs. Mackenzie Dern

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

CB Dollaway vs. Hector Lombard

Sean O’Malley vs. Andre Soukhamthath

Mike Pyle vs. Zak Ottow

Bryan Caraway vs. Cody Stamann

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz

Jordan Johnson vs. Adam Milstead

I think this is a much stronger line up, especially for PPV. Not only that, but you still get some quality fights on the prelims with a MW banger to close it out and (hopefully) draw interest for the main card with two recognizable names leading the way. Thoughts?

Fuck paying to watch Dern make her debut, Green is out of the fight, Arlovski’s PPV days should be over, don’t care about the FAKE DIVISION WMMA FW title.

I can watch the same quality card as that PPV with any ACB show for free on youtube.

Good card! 

Better fights on the fight pass prelims.

We will watch for free,,,not worth paying a dime

This will be a good cyborg ppv test to see if she really sells cards because there is not really any star power to back her up

Damn Caraway pissed someone off bad at the UFC, despite being ranked 7th, he is the second fight of the night on the FP prelims, fighting 16-1, unranked and dangerous Cody Stamann.

Some of you guys are crazy. This is an amazing card.

If you aren’t familiar with some of the names on the main card, look them up and watch some of their previous fights.

The only fight I’m not overly excited about is the main event - and that’s the UFC promotion division’s fault. I barely know anything about Cyborgs opponent, I saw one very brief interview with her and that was it.

I get what they’re trying to do - they want/NEED to promote Cyborg as much to casuals as they can to try and recapture the Ronda fans who left when she did. I get it.

But for the hardcores (really, who tf doesn’t know who Cyborg is, and for years and years now?), they need to promote her opponents MORE than Cyborg herself, so that we know who might actually be a real threat to her. The only way to create interest in a Cyborg fight for hardcores is to show us an opponent who might actually beat her.

NEWSFLASH - Some of you guys are crazy. This is an amazing card.

If you aren’t familiar with some of the names on the main card, look them up and watch some of their previous fights.

The only fight I’m not overly excited about is the main event - and that’s the UFC promotion division’s fault. I barely know anything about Cyborgs opponent, I saw one very brief interview with her and that was it.

I get what they’re trying to do - they want/NEED to promote Cyborg as much to casuals as they can to try and recapture the Ronda fans who left when she did. I get it.

But for the hardcores (really, who tf doesn’t know who Cyborg is, and for years and years now?), they need to promote her opponents MORE than Cyborg herself, so that we know who might actually be a real threat to her. The only way to create interest in a Cyborg fight for hardcores is to show us an opponent who might actually beat her.

its totally not worth $65

They should really put Dollaway vs. Lombard on he main card instead of the second chick fight, and make Edgar vs. Ortega the main event.  They're so desperate to push women's MMA that they're seriously diminishing the quality of the PPV card while charging $65.

Attila - 

They should really put Dollaway vs. Lombard on he main card instead of the second chick fight, and make Edgar vs. Ortega the main event.  They're so desperate to push women's MMA that they're seriously diminishing the quality of the PPV card while charging $65.

WMMA is a good trick for the UFC. They can turn a bunch of athletic women into PVZ’s and mainstream fans will watch.

Us hardcore fans know PVZ is nothing special and a male with her skills could not break the top 100 but mainstream eat it up anyway.

Likeable chick, worshiped by virgins, she can dance, perfect in WME-IMG UFC. If she can get the same views as say Hunt or Cain, hey, she is a lot cheaper.

It's crazy how big a push O'Malley is getting. And he's not the favorite to win. My money is on Souk sleeping him.