UFC 245 results & discussion

UFC 245 took place Saturday, December 14th from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event featured three world titles fights was vailalble through PPV on ESPN+.

Main Card (Live on PPV, 10:00 PM EST)

-Kamaru Usman defeated Colby Covington by TKO (Strikes, Round 5, 4:10)
-Alexander Volkanovski defeated Max Holloway by Unanimous Decision (48-47, 48-47, 50-45)
-Amanda Nunes defeated Germaine de Randamie by Unanimous Decision (49-44, 49-46, 49-45)
-Marlon Moraes defeated Jose Aldo by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
-Petr Yan defeated Urijah Faber by KO (High Kick, Round 3, 0:43)

Preliminary Card (Live on ESPN2, 8 PM EST)

-Geoff Neal defeated Mike Perry by TKO (Kick/Punches, Round 1, 1:30)
-Irene Aldana defeated Ketlen Vieira by KO (Punches, Round 1, 4:51)
-Omari Akhmedov defeated Ian Heinisch by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
-Matt Brown defeated Ben Saunders by KO (Punches, Round 2, 4:55)

Preliminary Bouts (Live UFC Fight Pass/ESPN+, 6:15 PM EST)

-Chase Hooper defeated Daniel Teymur by TKO (Strikes, Round 1, 4:34)
-Brandon Moreno defeated Kai Kara-France by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
-Jessica Eye defeated Viviane Araujo by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
-Punahele Soriano defeated Oskar Piechota by KO (Punches, Round 1, 3:17)
1 Like

Please don't turn this forum into a Colby love/hate fest. The guy is just playing a character. If you wanna know who he really is, just watch him fight. That's who he really is. Can't we all just celebrate the awesome gift that is tonight's line up, recognize when someone is merely promoting a fight by acting, and not make everything Left v Right bs? Have fun and good luck to all the fighters.

10 Likes

I hate that Brown or Saunders has to lose.

6 Likes
GUMBY ? -

I didn't realize these guys were still fighting. I would give the edge to Brown a few years ago, now i have no idea.

1 Like

A minute of silence in memory of the UFC flex hack not working anymore.

GUMBY ? -

Two good guy veterans of the sport. Someone's gotta lose so here's hoping it's a good competitive battle and both men leave the octagon with their heads held high. 

Verdadero -

Please don't turn this forum into a Colby love/hate fest. The guy is just playing a character. If you wanna know who he really is, just watch him fight. That's who he really is. Can't we all just celebrate the awesome gift that is tonight's line up, recognize when someone is merely promoting a fight by acting, and not make everything Left v Right bs? Have fun and good luck to all the fighters.

The best post I've seen all year. 

1 Like
Verdadero -

Nice try but this is the UG and this fight is very polarizing. I'm on the love side btw. Pumped!! 

jpm995 - 
GUMBY ? -

I didn't realize these guys were still fighting. I would give the edge to Brown a few years ago, now i have no idea.

If Saunders is successful to the body, Matt’s done.

Verdadero -

First post ever and sounds like whiny fag already.

1 Like

Is it possible not to hit Piechota? Most of the kids in my HS could defend themselves vastly better.

That was fucking brutal 

1 Like

How about a sticky

first fight was good

StretchPlum -
jpm995 - 
GUMBY ? -

If Saunders is successful to the body, Matt’s done.

I’ve always wondered if Matt’s past heroin use it fucked up his ability take take a body shot.

Didn't know he had that issue, thebonfirexm.

/

29-28 Eye.

Russ -

How about a sticky

first fight was good

This! Let's get the sticky all up in here!

99% of female fights in the ufc have garbage boxing, garbage grappling and go to decision. I really enjoy watching JJ, thug rose and nunez etc etc but fuck, most fights are absolute garbage

1 Like

In