UFC 254 start time?

touch -

Maybe because Khabib is Russian Federation citizen and this time is convenient for Russians?

But but, Murica!

Let the day drinking begin!

2 Likes
i am solrac9 -
luffy -
i am solrac9 -

This sucks . I've been watching the PPV 's at bars with patio seating,  I highly doubt they'll be willing to buy an 1100am event. I'm going to go this weekend an ask...

Really? It's pretty standard in Oz and most pubs are full.

I guess with covid maybe 

Here PST the main event usually starts at 700pm so it's quite a change to 1100am. A pub would have to bank on people showing up earlier than usual . Most won't take that bet , I'm thinking.  

Yeah, right I suppose everyone expects it here.

i am solrac9 -

This sucks . I've been watching the PPV 's at bars with patio seating,  I highly doubt they'll be willing to buy an 1100am event. I'm going to go this weekend an ask...

I’m in Massachusetts and go to a theatre- movie type set up in New Hampshire and my electronic ticket says 11:00am start time 

Murdogthm666 -

Let the day drinking begin!

In Australia every event is on Sunday mid morning. Day drinking and chicken wings every week ;)

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 
Siciliano -
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 
Siciliano - Why wouldn't it be at night?

Maybe because the US isn’t the centre of the known universe. Tough concept for yankee doodles, I know. 

But it is the center of the PPV buys you fuckin queer.

You think the biggest PPV market for Khabib is the US? That’s cute. 

Considering Russia doesn’t use the PPV system, yes I do.

2 Likes
luffy -
i am solrac9 -

Really? It's pretty standard in Oz and most pubs are full.

I guess with covid maybe 

In Perth we are 3 hours behind the Eastern States and pubs open at 9AM to show fights - and that’s on Sundays (we are half a day ahead of US)

the event will be shown live on free Russian TV, so UFC probably got a deal with the Russian TV 

I’m in the UK. The Prelims usually start at 1am on Sunday morning with the main event starting at 3am and finishing at 6am. As I have a 1 year old, this doesn’t make sense to watch live so I record it and watch it when I can on Sunday - whilst avoiding social media. 

We’ve only ever had two or three events that have been PPV (correct me if I’m wrong UK?) - but each of these starting at 3am. 

UFC 254 will be the first event in the UK that is PPV and also at prime time - starting at 7pm. And will cost £19.95 (about $25)

Due to Covid, all bars in the UK have to close at 10pm so if anywhere is showing it, then the event will be shown in full. 

I can only see the UFC doing this more as the PPV market grows in Europe. European cards will be PPV with a suitable time for Europe

2 Likes

^interesting here and on presumed Russian tv deal.

As an East Coast US resident, I'm all about it, as often as possible let's do these afternoon cards I say.

Good to have times move around , will be better in certain markets . I just found out the bar I go to has the " UFC package" and they open at 1100am anyway so it's on! 

I don’t know but I’m glad OP made this thread because I have been unable to keep up with all of these changing start times 

i am solrac9 -

Good to have times move around , will be better in certain markets . I just found out the bar I go to has the " UFC package" and they open at 1100am anyway so it's on! 

This must be what my place is doing too- prelims must be noon eastern and main card 2:00pm?

1 Like

Would be nice to watch the replay later on Saturday than early in the morning/afternoon. Hopefully there's a smooth way to do that within the ESPN APP without getting spoiled..

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
touch -

Maybe because Khabib is Russian Federation citizen and this time is convenient for Russians?

But but, Murica!

But, but, Murica! 

*proceeds to buy ppv from American company on Saturday*

JThomasufc91 -
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
touch -

But but, Murica!

But, but, Murica! 

*proceeds to buy ppv from American company on Saturday*

Kind of irrelevant to my playful point, but OK. 

Kirik - 

I assume it is a play for the Euro market, notably Russia.

Khabib has many siblings

11 AM Pacific

Get your Drink on

Lorenzo Tortilla -

I’m in the UK. The Prelims usually start at 1am on Sunday morning with the main event starting at 3am and finishing at 6am. As I have a 1 year old, this doesn’t make sense to watch live so I record it and watch it when I can on Sunday - whilst avoiding social media. 

We’ve only ever had two or three events that have been PPV (correct me if I’m wrong UK?) - but each of these starting at 3am. 

UFC 254 will be the first event in the UK that is PPV and also at prime time - starting at 7pm. And will cost £19.95 (about $25)

Due to Covid, all bars in the UK have to close at 10pm so if anywhere is showing it, then the event will be shown in full. 

I can only see the UFC doing this more as the PPV market grows in Europe. European cards will be PPV with a suitable time for Europe

I wondered if this was a factor, I and most people I know didn’t buy the previous UK PPV’s because of the timing. I’m still against having to pay for Virgin/Sky/BT AND pay for the PPV but have to admit, with it being at such a friendly time, how may will buy.