UFC 262 hot seat: Three fighters who need wins in Vegas

On Saturday night in Las Vegas, three fighters will settle into the UFC 262 hot seat. For various reasons–be it maintaining relevancy in the division or in the promotion–Tony Ferguson, Ronaldo Souza, and Andrea Lee will enter the Octagon needing a win badly. All three are in the midst of notable losing streaks, and for Lee, it’s the first set of consecutive losses in her career. The question is, whose seat will be the hottest inside the UFC Apex.

Check out why I feel those three fights are in desperate need of a W Saturday? Agree, Disagree?

Ferguson is going to have a difficult road back to the top, which I can’t see him climbing. I think if he fights the right way, and if Dariush fights like an idiot (sometimes his tendency), Ferguson could win, but even if he does, it doesn’t set him up well for the top 2-3 guys in the division, two of which he lost to, badly.

I honestly see Jacare being released (or retiring) even with a win. I see no path forward. Also, there are several younger MW’s I’m sure UFC is eager to get #’s next to, like Julian Marquez, Khamzat Chimaev, Phil Hawes, Edmen Shahbayzian, etc.). I doubt they’ll waste any time in wanting to dump the bottom half of that roster, with names like Jacare, Weidman, and Tavares.

Angela Lee, who cares. As if whatever women’s division she’s fighting in has the room to cut fighters. No matter how terrible she is, she’s probably still better than most. Besides, she’s better looking than most of the chicks in the ufc anyway, so she has that going for her.

Vegas??? The fight is in Houston,Texas.

What kind of garbage reporting is this? That’s really low quality and it’s actually embarrassing. We dedicated that much time to writing a piece and we don’t even fact check where the fight is taking place? Like we haven’t all been watching ufc countdown all week. Jesus, I should be a writer for this forum. At least I’m literate and fact check stuff.

This. Get your shit together.

1 Like