UFC 264 does Monster pay-per-view Numbers

Conor McGregor’s prediction of UFC 264 setting a new view record for the promotion did not come to fruition. But he was damn close.

UFC 264, which took place Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, featured McGregor’s (22-6 MMA, 10-4 UFC) trilogy bout with Dustin Poirier (28-6 MMA, 10-4 UFC) in the headlining act. It was a highly anticipated rubber match after each man picked up a knockout win over the other, and it’s clear it has the focus of the sports and entertainment world.

So much so that, according to a report from Sports Business Journal, UFC 264 pulled in 1.8 million pay-per-view buys, with roughly 1.3 million of those coming in domestically though ESPN+ (via Twitter):

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1414981953229574145|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmmajunkie.usatoday.com%2F2021%2F07%2Fufc-264-pay-per-view-sales-dustin-poirier-conor-mcgregor-trilogy-highest-selling

McGregor guessed prior to UFC 264 that he thought the event could surpass the pay-per-view record of 2.4 million for his fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 in October 2018. It didn’t quite get there, but 1.8 million would make it the highest selling event in UFC history, moving just ahead of the reported 1.6 million for the Poirier vs. McGregor rematch at UFC 257 in January.

That’s a lot of people that got to see Conor make a fool of himself and show his true shit personality.

Mostly INTL it says

second-highest selling card in UFC history

“Conor is bad for the UFC”

“I hate Conor because of his antics”

“leprechaun man is mean”

1 Like

Conor haters right now

2 Likes

I could be wrong about this,but the UFC didn`t always include worldwide PPV numbers did they?

I thought it was the domestic numbers for years & years?

So definitely not people paying $70US

It’s almost like companies pick and choose the figures that appear the most favorable to control the narrative lol.

I believe you are correct.

1 Like

I have a feeling that this might be a ESPN thing.

interesting

I for one am glad that the numbers are this good. Good for Dustin making millions for easy work

Just playing devils advocate here but if a Conor fight brings in so many more casual eyeballs than any other fight and all these people see how he acted with family and death threats, is it really good for the UFC?

Conor is good for Conor.

UFC enjoys some residual effect there but the returns will be diminishing if casuals are turned off by his worsening antics and never tune in when Conor is gone, which is a date approaching at an accelerating rate…