UFC 268 PPV buys are on pace to finish as the third best selling card of 2021

Does 700K buys behind a paywall, and against a Canelo PPV impress you, or should the event have done better?

1 Like

Shaub had nothing to do with that total.

1 Like

It’s much more impressive that Canelo by himself outsold 1 of the most stacked UFC cards in history at MSG

2 Likes

Brendan Schaub definitely helped the PPV buys

1 Like

My man, would you mind sharing the context behind that statement please? Thank you in advance.

It’s a good number because even though the card was stacked, no one on it was really a star. Plus to be internet exclusive and behind a paywall and still just barely come in behind Canelo, who’s the face of boxing and was available on all PPV platforms, is quite impressive.

3 Likes

This…curious myself

1 Like

Over 700,000 for a non McGregor or Diaz main event is pretty damn good

2 Likes

It’s likely an illegal streaming reference… Schaub illegally streamed once, famously getting one of the biggest sites shut down because of the attention he brought to it.

What ridiculous gymnastics and damage control

Canelo was the 1 being counter programmed by the best UFC card ever at MSG, with a terrible undercard, and still outsold the entirety of the UFC by himself head to head

If you are honest with yourself you know which one was more impressive

Stacked MSG UFC card vs Canelo all by His lonesome with a shitty undercard and being counter programmed

Thought this was common knowledge. Schaub pretty much admitted to using Reddit URLs to stream UFC PPV for free.

Lol @ best card ever…shut up dork

1 Like

I remember now

1 Like

1 Like

Is Schaub broke or does he do it out of spite?

I’m about to tweet at Schaub and see if I can bait that faggot to a response lol

1 Like

He was the only superstar fighting that night and had far more platforms. It wasn’t supposed to be close. I can’t remember a face of boxing that failed to break 1 million. Even Jake Paul seems to hit it.

1 Like

That heavyweight title fight trilogy fight way undersold it was laughable. I thought this one may undersell then too

I’m not sure it was literally THE best card ever, but it would definitely rank pretty highly historically.

1 Like

The very first fight of the UFC card, Michael Chandler vs Justin Gaethje was better than any boxing match I’ve ever seen

1 Like