UFC 269 results & discussion

UFC 269 kicks of at 6 pm ET with the early prelims on UFC Fight Pass and ESPN+. The core prelims follow at 8 pm ET on ESPN 2 and ESPN+. Then the main card PPV at 10 pm ET is exclusively on ESPN+.

Main Card
Charles Oliveira def. Dustin Poirier by submission, round 3 – lightweight title fight
Julianna Peña def. Amanda Nunes by submission, round 2 – bantamweight title fight
Geoff Neal def. Santiago Ponzinibbbio by split-decision
Kai Kara-France def. Cody Garbrandt by TKO, round 1
Sean O’Malley def. Raulian Paiva by TKO, round 1

Preliminary Card
Josh Emmett def. Dan Ige by unanimous decision
Dominick Cruz def. Pedro Munhoz by unanimous decision
Tai Tuivasa def. Augusto Sakai by KO, round 1
Bruno Silva def. Jordan Wright by TKO, round 1
André Muniz def. Eryk Anders by submission, round 1
Erin Blanchfield def. Miranda Maverick by unanimous decision
Ryan Hall def. Darrick Minner by unanimous decision
Tony Kelley def. Randy Costa by TKO, round 2
Gillian Robertson def. Priscila Cachoeira by submission, round 1

Crazy out of all those people I’ve never heard of on the main card Cruz is on the undercard

3 Likes

And he’s probably going to lose.

1 Like

I really don’t know anything about his opponent.

I was thinking it was Jimmy Rivera, and was hoping cruz would win. Pretty sure Jimmy Rivera is the guy who fights like Hank from from Me, Myself and Irene. Obnoxious style of feinting and air punching.

1 Like

Unless he gets injured or hurt early, Cruz will get the decision, muñoz is too flat fooded.

At least that’s what I am hoping I put money on Cruz.

I got Cruz winning by decision

You could be right. That was his downfall against Aldo and Edgar. But he’s tough and puts lots of pressure on people. I don’t think Dom has the speed or cardio to have the same success his style has brought him over the years. He nearly lost his last fight and I just have a feeling he’s gonna catch the L hard this time. Sorry about your financial loss, my fren.

Well how else would he win?

2 Likes

Haha let’s see he’s an old horse but I think he has enough left for someone mid-high level like Muñoz. He beat this Casey guy not too long ago too.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I think he loses tonight. That was a close one and there were a few points where he had to resort to trading if I recall correctly. He can’t trade with Pedro. It should be a great fight to watch either way though.

1 Like

Get ready for the peoples champ…Tai tuivasa to get a nice win hopefully

1 Like

My predictions:

Main Card:

Dustin Poirier
Amanda Nunes
Geoff Neal
Kai Kara-France
Sean O’Malley

Preliminary Card:

Josh Emmett (I’m almost 50/50 on this)
Dominick Cruz
Tai Tuivasa
Jordan Wright (my wildcard underdog bet)
André Muniz
Miranda Maverick
Ryan Hall
Tony Kelley
Priscila Cachoeira

1 Like

I think Dom is starting to look old watching him hit pads on embedded. Looks to have lost some of that fast twitch and the hands aren’t coming back up. I’ll just be an observer of that one.
Man Dustin sure does hold that champ energy well. I think Charles will be too fast and sharp but it’s really hard betting against Dustin and his experience. Still going Charles.
Bets locked in so far Charles, Emmett and ponzi.

2 Likes

I’m pulling for Charles.

I really don’t like the idea of having a champ that got smashed by the now retired champ. It devalues the belt.

3 Likes

I really want Charles to win, sure Dustin is a great guy, but I think if Charles is in charge of the division, there are a lot of fun match ups to make

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. Khabib woulda smashed Charles too. And it doesn’t matter who wins this fight or the next fight with Justin either because they will all lose to Islam next year lol