UFC 290 is shaping up

1 Like

Both cards are great. Flyweights are better than heavyweights and most light heavy weight fights.

2 Likes

Brandon moreno is awesome. I canā€™t remember any boring fights heā€™s ever been in

1 Like

I mean heā€™s not wrong. The UFC of 10 years ago was way more fun than what we see today, with better judging. Thankfully ONE is doing things correctly

2 Likes

How can you see this and not be excited lol

2 title fights. 3 former champs. Prospect in Bo

2 Likes

Oh I am, but I think the UFC is not as exciting now as it was 10 years ago

Nick Diaz Army is shaping up also.

Havenā€™t seen much of Maddalena but I see he is 5-0 in UFC (counting DWCS) with three finishes.

Only the 3rd fighter ever to stop Emeev in the past fourteen years. I did see that fight.

Brady is 5-1 in the UFC and 15-1 in MMA with his only loss to Belal.

Not a #1 contenders fight like the Whittaker fight but a very important fight in the division none the less.

1 Like

Any time Volk fights you know youā€™re in for a treat. Heā€™s the best living martial artist right now outside of jon jones maybe.

Whittacker is likely going to put a clinic on du plessis imo

2 Likes

Yeah its awesome Volk wants to be so active too. Yair is fun to watch. That fight is growing on me bigtime.

Iā€™m not the biggest fan of 289 at all but I like the Oliveira fight and Thompson fight on that card a lot and that event kicks off a good stretch of fights for the summer leading up to 290 as the main event of it all.

289 is June 10th. Then PFL has a couple shows before 290 and Bellator has their best main card of the year with Nemkov vs Romero as the headliner and Pitbull trying to become the first 3 weight champ in UFC/Bellator history. Looking forward to those two fights a lot. Also between 289 and 290 UFC has three Fight Nights. Just looks like it will be a pretty good cluster of fights there from Oliveira vs Dariush to Volk vs Yair over a month.

3 Likes

Heā€™s an exciting prospect. I didnt know much about him till I saw him live in Perth and he looks like the real deal

1 Like

290 good card. Hooker again infiltrated decent quality main card thanks to being Volkā€™s and othersā€™ boyfriend but Lawler Price a banger, Whittaker Du Plessis a one sided clinic, Bo another fight to turn up the hype, and Moreno Pantoja and main event high quality MMA.

289 - meh. Dariush Oliveira only one worth wasting time on.

Finally a stacked card.

1 Like

289 looks pretty meh minus olives vs dariush.

I thought figgy was moving up ? Theres like 4 fighters at 125 and i dont see kape winning and i really dont want to see fig vs moreno 8.

Shut down the womens 135lb and 145lb division. Is there anyone at 145 who doesnt also fight 135 ? Cyborg is gone, nuke that godamn division.

Would like to see lawler retire on a win but it rarely happens.

Sad

Aw man :frowning: thats the problem - still plenty of time for the card to fall apart

Fight fans can never have nice things

2 Likes

Fights always get fucked up. Been that way for 30 years now. UFC 3 kinda started the tradition of fights falling apart. Even as far back as UFC 3, Royce and Shamrock both pulled out of the tournament and the main event ended up being Howard vs Jennum.

After two fights Ken pulled out of the finals and Jennum replaced him.
After one fight Royce pulled out and Ken vs Mitchell was the only semi that even happened. Keith Hackney pulled out after the quarters too.

2 Likes

Bo and Gore should be opening that ppv. Thatā€™s way too high for themā€¦ wtf. Rob and Ddp under themā€¦nahhhā€¦show respect you dumbass ppv makers. Great card tho