UFC 290 is shaping up

I was hoping they would move Oliveira vs Dariush to 290 to stack that card but I knew they would put it on 289 to help it not suck as a PPV. The Whittaker fight is a #1 contenders fight at MW and the Figueiredo Kape winner would be close to a title fight as well. Not a bad LW fight and that might be Lawler’s last fight, you never know.

Hope they keep stacking the card like UFC 200 and other IFW cards and just don’t put filler in the rest.

UFC 290 Quick Card

289 has Oliveira vs Dariush now and Curtis Imanov and that great even if you don’t want to watch say Diana Beibitja vs Maria Oliveira, whoever they are.

UFC 289 Quick Card

1 Like

Not to bitch, but I hope there aren’t two flyweight fights on the main card. Either way, It’ll be the first card I buy in years.

Ufc 213 Mma GIF by UFC

3 Likes

I’d don’t care about bout order or weight class as much as if a card is interesting or stacked by modern standards. Hopefully they get a couple more good fights on there.

I agree with you in that FLW is my least favorite men’s weight class but I still like it and they booked the best two possible fights out of it at least.

3 Likes

This would be better…
UFC 290 Quick Card

2 Likes

In. Hopefully this isn’t another bait and switch by ufc

3 Likes

Eh throw one on the prelims. Out of a 5 fight main card I don’t need two of them being 125ers.

Main card IMO

Volk vs Yair
FLW title
Bobby Knuckles
Lawler vs Price
Bo

I don’t know man, I’ve been watching Lawler since the Aaron Riley fight in 2002 and he is one of the most exciting fighters ever but I can’t watch anymore Lawler or Arlovski fights on the PPV main card at this point.

2 Likes

Wonder what UFC was doing booking him vs Covington and Magny this late in the game. Well I know why they did it with Covington but the Magny fight was pointless. It was obvious they were gonna grind him out and those are not the matchups for him at the very end of his career when there are so many better fights out there for him. At least they got a better opponent for him this time.

Does the UFC hate Dan Hooker?

1 Like

Lol. Dan the gatekeeper. Not many easy fights for that guy

He just TKOed surging Puelles.

If Hooker was able to beat Dustin, Chandler, Makhachev or Allen…he would have been in a huge fight after any of those wins.

Hooker is a gamer. Just can’t crack the top 5, same problem 99% of fighters suffer from.

1 Like
1 Like

Filler is their middle name.

ESPN don’t have a clue that they are getting ripped off.

ESPN doesn’t care. ESPN can afford it

ESPN has been burning money with the PFL and they don’t care

How is Miranda maverick on the main card but Rountree literally the second fight on the prelims. One of the most exciting fighters in the UFC

3 Likes

I love Nunes/Pen as the main. I can go to bed after the co-main.

2 Likes

Another good fight added.

Brady vs Maddalena

2 Likes

Sorry can’t get excited for this. The Ufc product has diluted so much

2 Likes

Come on Aussie!

Ok bye

1 Like