UFC 300 is GSP vs. Anderson (speculation)

I’ve been following the ufc 300 main event saga relatively closely. Chael’s been following it hard.

GSP was going to fight Nick Diaz in a grappling match that fell through.

The match will supposedly drop jaws and excite the fan base.

Change my mind it’s not Anderson vs.GSP…

1 Like

GSP was too small for Anderson when he was fighting and he seems even smaller now. I sure as shit would still watch though.

1 Like

Awesomeness

1 Like

I was thinking something along those lines but had not considered that fight. :thinking:

1 Like

I Like It Nyc GIF by 8it

GSP flat out doesn’t want to fight anymore for any reason. I follow him on Instagram. Dude doesn’t have to work every again. He’s enjoying life. Every once in a while he reiterates that he’s never going to fight again.

1 Like

Nope.

I felt back then GSP had the answer to Silva’s mystique before Chael showed everyone. If they would of fought GSP would of beat Silva. He would of done what Chael did except better.

That being said I doubt this fight happens, if it did I would still pick GSP today. Like head kicker said George’s is enjoying retirement check out his IG feed.

2 Likes

There is zero percent chance that GSP vs Anderson would happen at 300.

UFC made all the money they could with Anderson as his star started to fall from 2016 to 2020 when he went 1-5 to end his time in the promotion.

Anderson will turn 49 the day after 300. Have you ever seen UFC bring a 49 year old back into the octagon for a fight?

GSP has said he will never fight in MMA again and he has not fought in seven years.

Anderson and RIZIN have been in talks about Anderson having a farewell fight in Japan.

Royce vs Shamrock IV is a more likely fight for 300 than Anderson vs GSP.

2 Likes