UFC 48: Sylvia vs. Mir Title Fight

I agree who cares if it is a title fight as long as Arlovsky gets next shot. Not that Mir has done anything to deserve a title shot but who really cares. He's just going to get the living shit kicked out of him anyway.

Lets see. Arlovsky gets knocked out of a title fight because Sylvia comes up positive and then he has to fight Cabbage. Now Mir gets the shot at Sylvia and the title before Arlovsky. That is a screw job especially being bumped by Mir who has nothing for either one of them to be worried about. Hell why even train if you have to fight Mir? His cardio is so bad he will still gas out before you do.

Tim screwed himself and he should be the one who has to wait for the next shot. Simple as that .

The UFC had better hope that Pride doesn't come calling at Arlovski's doorstep if this is true...

UFC will give Arlovsky a HUGE raise. K-1 is the bigger concern.

If you read the article, it says Arlovski is hurt and can't fight until October at the earliest. That is why Sylvia/Mir is a title match.

Did he break his hand?

I hope Mir can pull this out, but it is a tough matchup for him. Hopefully he doesn't get KO'ed and can pull guard or something.

What sort of injury did Arlovksi have? Maybe Cabbage really did hurt him with those headbutts to the knuckles?

Mir will submit Sylvia in Round 1.

I think Tim will KO Mir then the real war will be between Tim and Arlovski.

if he broke his hand its a reason but not for Slyvia got for the title right of the back were's the punishment for having to pull out of the main event

The winner should fight MR. A for the title.

Arlovski broke his hand, he might not fight in the UFC until UFC 49 to UFC 50.

Silvia should not be able to come back from a drug suspension and fight for a title. Now he has failed twice. Mir and Sylvia should fight but not for the title and the winner of that should face Arlovsky for the title.

Tim will always be known as a two time cheater, that's a legacy he has created for himself.

I hope Mir kicks the shit out of him for screwing me out of being able to watch him fight Arlovski. I used to like Tim, now I threw away all his pictures and burned the letters I wrote to him but never sent...

"Now he has failed twice"

Incorrect. Sylvia did not fail the last test. He passed it, but it did not come back in time and the UFC could not take the chance, so they pulled him. When the test results did come back, Sylvia was clean.

I agree. Sylvia should fight Mir and the winner fight Arlovski for the title.

If Mir wins, he will always be a paper champion...why?

Because he has fought no one to get this title shot, the only thing he has done is kiss UFC owners ass!

Yes, Frank 'If I don't get a sub immediately, I gas' Mir..... I diss you!

Face Arlovsky first, you beat him, I will eat my words.

Ian

I totally agree with Freeman. Frank has not beaten anyone of note in the UFC to gain a title shot. Arlovski has fought and beat tough guys. He deserves it.

I hope Mir and Arlovski square off soon, Andrei will knock that c@ck tickler right out of his mouth.

Jesus, who cares if Sylvia and Mir fight for the title before Arlovski? The sooner UFC has a champ, the better. Arlovski can't do it because he injured, possibly broke his hand in the fight with Cabbage.

It's safe to say Arlovski will get the title shot as soon as he's recovered, so what's the big deal?

And I'd say Mir has about zero chance of beating Tim Sylvia.

If true, that is BULLSHIT!!!!

Arlovski deserves a shot over Mir, and it pisses me off because he is exciting to watch!

TTT 4 Arlovski!