UFC 5 Official Reveal Trailer

From what I’ve read, EA approached Fedor and he agreed to be in the game. He’s getting paid. He even performed the motion capture for his character, which he obviously wouldn’t do for free.

1 Like

They actually did it…gave Fedor a 5 star rating.

2 Likes

That’s fair, prime Fedor is definitely a top 20 heavyweight GOAT

2 Likes

Top 20? Top 3 at least I’d say.

2 Likes

At least top three

No option to get a disc with the deluxe edition is weird.

30 extra dollars for some alternate versions of some fighters + Fedor and Ali is expensive.

2 Likes

How are the KOs?

Playing this now on PS5. I dropped $100 on the deluxe pre-order.

This game isn’t very good at all. It’s literally UFC 4 (for the record, I thought UFC 4 was ok). It may be even worse. The fight mechanics and camera are all buggy. The fight animations and controls are the same, with a couple of really annoying differences. The career mode is exactly the same as every other EA UFC game.

I don’t know what I expected, but it’s typical EA. I haven’t played online yet, but I can’t imagine it’s much better.

I’ve played every MMA game since Dreamcast, even the obscure shitty ones, and this is definitely one of the most disappointing.

EA strikes again

That is disappointing. The video game market is just broken right now.

I still may go home a preorder the mtherfuker though. I was broke the last decade so the idea of playing a new game when it comes out appeals to me in an odd way now.

Controls are not the same. Spinning strikes, uppercuts, and takedown controls have all changed on all platforms.

My main issue with the game is it feels too arcadey. Plus they supposedly fixed input lag (major issue in UFC 4), but I find my combination strikes tend to fail to complete, with the last strike being a faint unless I hold the button. So far, not a good experience and I hope they patch it ASAP.

1 Like

They’re the same with a few minor differences. Takedowns are L2+X+O instead of L2+X. Uppercuts are R1+Square instead of X+O. I was able to figure it out in 2 minutes, but it’s not intuitive and it’s worse. L1+Triangle should not be a hook and an overhand (it ends up throwing a straight half of the time anyway). Submissions have changed pretty significantly. I haven’t tried the simple control schemes.

But yeah, input lag is another big issue, I have the same problem. I end up feinting on my last strike in the combo or the strikes don’t register at all. Also I’ve been knocking out a lot of people with a jab, which I guess is fine, except the opponent reacts like they’ve been blasted with a cannon. Full rag doll.

Arcadey was a good description.

1 Like

The fact they didn’t include a single new fighter is disrespectful. It’s the same exact roster as ufc 4. Pitiful.

Feels like they threw this game together in a couple months. The graphics are pretty good but the physics are just cheap feeling. Im disappointed so far but l will play more before a full opinion is formed.

2 Likes

I may be the minority here, but ive actually enioyed it thus far. Definitely could see where ppl feel it fell short, but its also EA Sports, so I didnt expect a completely revamped game.

The fights are fun and wild, movement does feel off at times but ive had fun and the roster does have a few new ppl; could have more, but they do add characters and features pretty regularly.

My big complaint though is once again missing out on the opportunity to add Pride Mode and have a few more fighters from Pride FC. That feature alone would attract a larger number of ppl.

Also noticed the new controls are difficult to adjust to and inputs dont always respond properly. Some inputs are just too similar to other moves and they need to change that in order to minimize the game doing incorrect moves.

Overall though im fairly satisfied, it could be better but i feel in time they will polish it properly.

2 Likes

EA UFC 32 is gonna be fire

Idk what it is but the stand up change between 3 and 4 ruined 4 for me. It’s like the distances you need to land your shots are different or something. It feels slower to me as well. 5 looks like it’s just like 4 in that regard and no matter what else 5 does, I’ll always prefer 3 to 4&5 because of it. Again, I can’t quite put my finger on what it is that bothers me about it but I know that I don’t favor it. It’s weird, undisputed 3 was the best THQ or whatever game and EA ufc 3 is the best EA game to me so far. It’s like it takes the three tries to get it right and then they fuck it up afterwards. I do admit, the damage and doctor stoppages are pretty dope. I do like that.

1 Like

Yesh i noticed as well ot does feel slower, another complaint i forgot to mention. Hopefully they will listen to fan comments and speed things up a bit. Theyre usually pretty good at listening and making changes (to their UFC games at least) so hopefully things will be fixed.

I also agree Undisputed was the best.

1 Like

What feels slower?

The consensus on this game in the video game/UFC game community so far, is it is faster than UFC 4, less of a simulation, and more of an arcade feel.

I don’t think it’s faster than ufc 4. Feels like less options overall for custom punch combinations. I’m currently trying to rewire my brain from the uppercut combos of ufc 4. The uppercut is hard to flow into combos for me right now. The fact that you have to hold rb to throw an uppercut just feels odd. Like you have to play in claw to get an uppercut into a combo. I’ll practice with one of you fuckers if someone wants.

What weight class do you play?

I play bantamweight almost exclusively and it’s no doubt faster. Faster footwork (movement) and combos, to the point it took me some time to get used to it.

The fucked up uppercuts by moving them to require a modifier button. I typically favor combos that do not require modifier buttons as they can be performed much faster.