UFC 59 pay: fighters, refs, judges

What fighters, judges, and refs got paid at UFC 59, read all that info here:

http://www.mmanews.com/article/149202276.php

LOL!

Yoshida, Silva, Sakuraba, and Cro Cop make more per fight than the whole UFC fight purse combined.

Wanderlei stated in a Brazillian MMA forum recently that he has made 540k for his last three fights, and around one million for his fight with Hunt on a previous NYE show. I will post the link to Silva's post soon.

I thought F. Griffin had 6 figure contract from the UFC....am I missing something?!??!?!

I find these threads funny because everyone wants to bitch and do all this about the money these guys make. You know what though, these guys aren't bitching. They didn't have to sign for this kind of money, they chose to. Why would the UFC dish out more cash to these guys when they will fight for peanuts? If the fighters wanted more money, they need to start a union or basically, just refuse to fight for this type of money. Once that happened, they would be forced to raise their purses but, as long as you have quality fighters willing to fight for jack shit, why not pay them that?

"BJM only gets $1200 a show????? I find that very hard to believe. And how in the fuck is Tito making 200k ????????"

That is all refs, not just BJM, so what 4 refs split 1200 bucks

If the UFC continues to grow in popularity eventually some of the money will trickle down to the fighters. The problem is that as long as the UFC maintains a monopoly on the US market they will continue to pay these guys as little as they can get away with. Plenty of fighters will be happy to fight for as little as $5,000-2,000 because it's still double what they can make fighting anywhere else in the states. And as soon as these guys lose a fight or two they'll be out and they'll get another first timer willing to fight for peanuts in the hope that they'll be the "next Tito Ortiz or Chuck Liddell". And as soon as they lose a fight, well there's still plenty more guys willing to take their place to fight for peanuts.

I am so glad the money the keep making off of PPV is going to the fighters like everyone said would happen if they charge more so it was justified /sarcasm

Forrest is sooo poor man. He's only making 5 figures a year!

"That is all refs, not just BJM, so what 4 refs split 1200 bucks"

This is incorrect. Please read the first post again.

Still, difficult to believe BJM is living off of $1200 per month.

"Yoshida, Silva, Sakuraba, and Cro Cop make more per fight than the whole UFC fight purse combined."

Again, read the first post again. Those figures are only the show purses, and do not include win bonuses. Still, yes, the top Pride fighters make more than the top UFC fighters... strictly in purse money, anyway. Tito, Liddell, and Couture are all millionaires, without a doubt, despite their purse money never reaching above $300,000 (to my knowledge).

Hell, even GSP, who makes about $30,000 in purse money per fight, is reportedly set to become a millionaire this year.

Sponsorships in the US are, on average, way better than in Japan.

The UFC is a business. It is any business's goal to pay their employees the absolute minimum they are willing to work for.

"Still, difficult to believe BJM is living off of $1200 per month"

Why would he have to live off of being a ref?

That is just what is declared. Dont you guys remember the post with the salaries for K1 Vegas?

"Sponsorships in the US are, on average, way better than in Japan."

So a Xyience sponsorship is worth more than a Schick, Dole, Sqauresoft, Yokohama Tires, Sapporo, or Nike sponsorship? Not to mention all the media appearances Pride/K-1 fighters make.

Xyience isn't the only sponsor these guys have. It got so ridiculous hearing the fighters list their sponsors that Zuffa had to place a muzzle over the fighters' mouths. Even still, you see their trunks, shirts, hats, and whatever else they can find to slap sponsors' names onto. You don't see nearly as much of that in Pride. Not saying it doesn't happen there either, just not like in the UFC.

From what I can tell, only a few Pride fighters get huge sponsorships (Cro Cop is one of them), while the rest get very little. Rampage has stated that even though UFC would pay him less, he'd still make at least as much money fighting in the UFC as he would in Pride because of sponsorships.

ttt

"And we bitch about paying $39 when Boxing has 1 good fight for $5-30 MILLION payday for the winner with 3 shitty undercards?????

Think about it, Did Oscar "deserve" to get $10 million fucking dollars for 6 rounds?? Who the fuck is bank rolling this with $400,000 PPV buys???????????

I seriously dont know who's backing boxing but those guys are getting WAY TOO MUCH for what they do.

Fuck The Haters!"

I think you shot your own argument in the foot.

No way the UFC can pay tito 200k!! Oh, wait, wrong year. Luckily Tito isn't in the janitor class of MMA fighters.

GO TITO! He made more than all the other fighters minus Arlovski combined.

I don't know whether boxers are getting way too much. It ain't an easy sport either. I just hope that someday soon, MMA events in the US is big enough that MMA fighters get those kind of numbers.

I guarantee you BJM is making 100K+ as a freaking LAPD tactical officer.