UFC and NSAC should bench Jeremy Stephens for injuring Drakkar Klose

Drakkar Klose remains out of action with a neck injury and concussion after Jeremy Stephens shoved him

Klose filled in more details, writing:

After I was pushed by Jeremy at UFC faceoffs, I immediately felt my hand go numb and neck tighten up. Sean Shelby and the UFC officials sent me to the PI to get worked on by the UFC PT staff for 2 hours.

I spent the night eating, rehydrating, stretching, and even saw the PT staff later that night. I woke up early this morning with a migraine/headache, nausea and the only thing that made me feel better was laying in the dark.

UFC got me medicine and I rested for a couple of hours before getting up and vomiting. It was at that point we called the UFC doctor and he made the decision to send me to the hospital.

I’m sorry to everyone who was excited for this fight. I tried to do everything I could to stay in this fight, but these issues are out of my control.

UFC president Dana White put the blame for the incident on matchmaker Sean Shelby. White also said the actions of Stephens’ were against the rules.

“I mean, there is a rule,” said White. “I mean, that’s why we’re there. Sean Shelby missed that one… We’re not standing there to look good and take pictures. We’re there to make sure that doesn’t happen.”

Perhaps a pre existing medical issue going on? I am no doctor but have a very hard time believing all that from a shove. How do you get a concussion from THAT shove?

Something doesnt sound right here.

Either way, it should not be tolerated, Jeremy should be punished

Why do any injuries happen?

He wasn’t expecting it and his head jerked back.

Why do some people hit their head and laugh it off while others can hit their head and die?

I certainly am not doubting the injuries because it “didn’t look that bad”. Lots can happen with a wrong sudden movement and unfortunately in this case he got hurt.

Hope he’s ok, fuck Stephens. Dude needs to grow up. Go headbutt a wall if you need that energy to get up for your fights.

4 Likes

I would not be in favor of punishing everyone for a shove but that Stevens shove was a fucking dick move, wouldn’t mind to see him get some sort of punishment that’s not how normal people behave

3 Likes

Assuming it’s a legit injury, he probably should be fined or suspended (which sucks because I always root for that dude).

2 Likes

Based on previous reporting, it appears the UFC will be cracking down on this shit moving forward:

“They just told us at weigh ins that if we touch our opponent at ceremonial weigh ins for any thing other than a fist bump, or a handshake, or high five, we will be pulled from the card, suspended, and fined,” UFC flyweight Lauren Murphy wrote on Twitter.

Stephens is a fucking neanderthal.

5 Likes

this

agreed

Remember when he came here berating people who were on his side? He is an illiterate jerk. It was weak because nobody is allowed to make him look low IQ moron he is without a banning.

Yes, his solution to everything is being a meathead and threatening physical violence. He also beat the shit out of a guy in a bar and the UFC helped him out there.

1 Like