UFC Announces New Partnership to Broadcast PPV’s in 8K

https://www.mmanews.com/news/ufc-new-partnership-8k-pay-per-views

4 Likes

6 Likes

UFC and Cosm will fill the gap between virtual reality and the physical world after announcing a new partnership.

Cosm, a leading entertainment company, announced a multi-year deal with the UFC to broadcast events at its venues. Fans will be able to watch pay-per-view events on stunning 8k screens soon.

Cosm will have theaters in 50 countries around the world and recently began construction on venues in Los Angeles and Dallas. The company’s development facility is based in Salt Lake City and the first venue will open in early 2024

UFC & Cosm Partner For 8k Immersive Event Broadcasts

3 Likes

“Cosm is bringing fans an entirely new category of entertainment,” said Cosm President Jeb Terry in a statement. “The UFC shares the same passion for innovation and elevating the fan experience as we do, and the organization and their leadership immediately recognized the opportunity at hand. We are thrilled to partner with them to give fans a first-of-its-kind immersive experience for UFC fights around the world."
Cosm also has a partnership with the NBA, as it announced earlier this year.

This is the latest in the UFC’s attempts at boosting its audience and enhancing the viewing experience. The Cosm partnership will give fans a realistic experience to watch pay-per-view cards in ‘shared reality’ form.

1 Like

is there a max on this “k” business?

2 Likes

Please come with selective camera angle and no commentating

8 Likes

Fuck 8k start offering an oculus option goddammit

4 Likes

IN Teresting angle

2 Likes

Dunno if I’ll get this on the stream obviously
“I pay for”

Only $199 per PPV!!

14 Likes

Thats it ? Anyone got a river ?

1 Like

Ari probably owns a piece of it

2 Likes

Right

Oh let me guess, now you want me to buy an 8k TV which requires 8k streaming device and 8k butthole

Yeah that’s not gonna happen

5 Likes

Next year 16k
Year after that 32k etc

3 Likes

Theoretically no.

But to actually be able to tell 4k from 8k the screen has to be huge.

Experts argue how much people can actually tell 8k from 4k at most viewing distances and screen sizes.

But it’s like monitor refresh speeds… people will pay for differences they are literally humanly incapable of differentiating

Cameras being 8k makes sense, because you can zoom 2x in post processing and still be at 4k.

I’m still a 1080p fanboy personally…

6 Likes

Face Palm GIF

1 Like

i’m still impressed by 1080. the realer than real effect of this new high res stuff rubs me the wrong way. said the same thing when we first got 720 i think though.

3 Likes

ESPN still broadcast on 720p

3 Likes

Terrible article. Looks like this company makes dome theatres. The dome is the projector screen, they throw the 8K against that. Based on the pictures below it looks pretty cool if it works. You should feel like you’re sitting on one side of an arena immersed in the fights from top to bottom, from the floor to the octagon all the way up the lights and rafters above etc.

The 8K PPV’s are only available in their theatres obviously.

3 Likes

Well at least no one will ever need more than 64k.

1 Like