UFC co-founder on why Joe Rogan was hired

Campbell McLaren on why Joe Rogan was hired, at UFC 11: "He was very good at making it look like what was happening was not a disaster."

https://twitter.com/MMAonSiriusXM/status/1327295144081633280

5 Likes

ttt

For later

Yup. I love Joe. Don't agree with everything he says but he's a good man.

2 Likes

Joe is one of those guys that if you ask 5 people what he does, you’ll get 5 different answers. 

I just thought of something, is he the longest tenured UFC employee? 

1 Like

Love or hate his commentary,  ufc cards are always better with him on it. He brings knowledge, humor, and enthusiasm which is a hard combination. 

4 Likes

He made me believe that two men cockfighting in their underwear was a legit sport. 

2 Likes

TKD instructor at Brown U before the UFC began. Knew and trained in LA with Eddie Bravo. Knew MMA in its infancy. BooM !

I seem to remember us (teh UG) telling Dana we wanted him back when Zuffa bought the company from SEG. Someone from Zuffa was asking for suggestions on how to make the show better. That's where the ramp came from (when they had it), fighter walkout music, and stare downs all came from. People here suggested those things along with bringing back Rogan. You're welcome Joe.

1 Like
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I seem to remember us (teh UG) telling Dana we wanted him back when Zuffa bought the company from SEG. Someone from Zuffa was asking for suggestions on how to make the show better. That's where the ramp came from (when they had it), fighter walkout music, and stare downs all came from. People here suggested those things along with bringing back Rogan. You're welcome Joe.

The first staredown was chuck/Tito 1 and it was 100% a UG suggestion that came to fruition. 

1 Like

I think Rogan's excitement adds a lot to the show, always liked him. shame he seems to have one foot out the door.

maybe he could call a local show in Texas.

mindless optimism -

I think Rogan's excitement adds a lot to the show, always liked him. shame he seems to have one foot out the door.

maybe he could call a local show in Texas.

There was a point in joes career where his mma commentating was probably his primary source of income and was a large contributor to his stand up success.

Now with his podcast, standup, Onnit and whatever else he has going on, it’s not nearly as significant.

Fear WAS NOT a Factor

Rogan was just a big Fan of the sport right at the beginning.

I always considered him to be one of us.

So to see a celebrity of some sort being a true fan and not just a fair weather casual fan, we all identified ourselves with him.

Plus lets not ignore the fact that young rogan was a damn handsome man.

![MMA History Today Twitterissä: "Feb7.1997 23 years ago today, Joe Rogan made his very first appearance with the UFC. Rogan began working as a backstage interviewer.... https://t.co/IOQcQ5jOzP"](upload://wh8O97Epv9XAhpGH8A0Yd47brH.jpeg)

![Joe Rogan Net Worth 2020: Muti-Millionaire Comedian & Top Podcaster](upload://feoI20EZfTtarfwLeNClSUWifRY.jpeg)

![Bernie Sanders's Joe Rogan experience: The Rogan endorsement, explained - Vox](upload://kLGAXnuyuuCJHwE4wwrC4Vm1Dos.jpeg)

![UFC commentator Joe Rogan looks in better shape than some of the fighters as he shows off amazing body change](upload://s3RuJFOtMcdhUZ2N6dkxsDm4ZIi.png)

Joe Rogan claims there is a benefit to being a manlet | Page 5 | Sherdog  Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Hong Kong Phooey -

![UFC commentator Joe Rogan looks in better shape than some of the fighters as he shows off amazing body change](upload://s3RuJFOtMcdhUZ2N6dkxsDm4ZIi.png)

Joe Rogan claims there is a benefit to being a manlet | Page 5 | Sherdog  Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

How the mightly have swollen

ShanTheMan - 

Plus lets not ignore the fact that young rogan was a damn handsome man.

Making $100,000,000 adds a lot to a man's looks too :-)

1 Like