UFC Commentating is bad and it's ruining my viewing pleasure

Dom is good
Jon is good
Paul is improving
DC is too goofy, I think he is a good man though
Michael has gotten to argumentative trying to demonstrate his knowledgeable prowess
Joe is good
Goldie was good
Dan was alright

And oh my gosh Please never the basketball gentlemen again.

Bullshit, Tim Bradley is good. You probably think teddy atlas is a good commentator.

I like Bisping but hes getting repetitive droning on about how someone needs to get on their side and stand up instead of laying in closed guard.

1 Like

Its always been meh. Best commentating team was mauro and bas in pride, but even they have fallen into mediocrity.

1 Like

Bas was terrible. “Right straight to the body” “arm in guillotines don’t work” “figger 4!!!”

Rinse and repeat 50x’s. Nobody has hired him in a decade plus. I wonder why.

1 Like

Hell yeh - the voice would be awesome. I would also love to see Bas on occasionally.

lol there’s nothing good about Tim. Andre Ward is good, Emmanuel Steward was good. Bradley is on the level of George Foreman bad.

Bring in the Colonel Bob Sheridan & The Lazer Paul Lazenby from Bodog just to make things interesting.

Have the Paul bros commentate

Don Callis and Joey Styles

JR and King

Bas and Mauro

Steward and Lampley

Madden and Summeral

These are ATG duos

Don`t leave out Marv Albert & The Fight Doctor Ferdie Pacheco.

I`ll take me some Gil Clancy & Tim Ryan also.

1 Like

Stephen Quadros

Bob Cole and Harry Neale

They all scream now. Even Anik. Whenever a punch lands: “OHHHH!”

And when someone is dropped or KO’d all three of them go crazy screaming over each other, drowning out the roar of the crowd. Completely ruins the fights.

2 Likes

Joe Rogan- he’s always been amazing, good insight, and he’s HONEST. Honesty was his best quality. Like when fighters do shit like Yoel Romero vs Tim Kennedy ice spillage, Joe will call you out whereas other commentators are timid. But lately he’s obviously there to just enjoy fights and have some good laughs with his commentary boizzz

Michael Bisping- his best quality is that he’s GENUINE. This can be good or bad. He’s a natural at calling fights, so he isn’t the most professional, he gets off track and forgets important stats, but that’s why he’s got partners.

Paul Felder- for someone who went to acting school and being a drama major, he doesn’t seem that great at commentary, it doesn’t seem like it comes natural to him, but he tries hard and has improved a lot. He’s a little too much of a “company man” to call out controversial stuff at times

Daniel Cormier- fun lovable guy, but not who I want to listen to while watching fights. This past weekend was actually the first time I muted my TV and put on music instead (part of the reason is that DC & Felder always reference prelim fights from earlier in the night and I save the prelims to watch later) DC is a wealth of knowledge but he gets way off track calling the fights and isn’t consistent at all.

Dominick Cruz- has some amazing insight into MMA that not even other fighters can provide, truly a special brain to pick, he’s very monotone but I don’t mind that. Dominick seems more quiet when he’s partnered with Bisping & Felder. He’s a lot better with Joe and DC.

Jon Anik- he’s got a lot better but I don’t care for a play by play commentator in MMA. He does bring some continuity to events like Goldberg used to do.

Brendan Fitzgerald- do not care for his style, very boring and bland. But at least he lets the fighters talk and he stays quiet

2 Likes

Well we were promised a “dream team” so expectations for commentary went up after Goldberg was released . Commentary has got worse since 2016 IMO.

1 Like

Go listen to their commentary on bitcoin bro

The two play-by-play options are both nondescript dullards. They come across as general sports anchors with no real passion for MMA, although I realise this is probably unfair to Annik (whatever the case, his enthusiasm seems forced). The bar was set very low by Goldberg, but like virtually everything else the UFC has done since trying to go mainstream, his replacements haven’t landed at all.

I think Rogan becomes redundant when he’s alongside a pro fighter, since he’s no longer the expert in the booth, nor does he seem to have the licence to bring the sort of levity that he was known for in less sanitised times. He’s also a little old for the stoner meathead gimmick now.

I always thought Florian was good, and I think I recall liking Mir, too (didn’t really catch much of his work, though). Of the current crop, I’d say Cruz is easily the best, with DC being far and away the worst, followed by Felder.

1 Like

I enjoy listening to Paul, Dom, Michael along with Fitzgerald. Not a huge fan of DC, but he can be funny from time to time and Rogan is just tired.

1 Like

Yeah me too.And also Brian Stann.

1 Like