UFC events in 2022, kind of a forgettable year?

I know we always bitch about cards, but this year has been tough. I haven’t even heard any buzz about the end of the year yet. Where is Conor, Dustin, Nate, Masvidal, Colby, Stipe, etc?

I AM stoked for Oliviera vs Islam!

1 Like

I feel a lot of the fighters have been improving their skill set, keeping a faster pace and really putting on a show. MMA looks different now than it did back when I started it. It’s grown leaps and bounds and I still enjoy watching it. I didn’t see this card because I forgot it was on so early, but there’s been plenty of great moments in 2022.

1 Like

Past several years have been largely forgettable with rare exception.

2 Likes

There’s been a few awesome cards that delivered top to bottom as far as action goes.

As far as cards that you look forward to for months because they’re so stacked on paper, not really. Even the last Izzy card, which was International Fight Week and supposed to be card of the year, was very underwhelming.

2 Likes

Don’t look for name’s. Let their performances play out and try to appreciate the style of the chess match.

That and fights like Oliveira Gaethje are as good as it gets.

1 Like

Last year was incredible. This year has been good

Todays fight night (fight day really) was incredible

People who are saying its been forgettable say it because we get big events almost every week now. Its hard to keep things in memory when every week its being replaced.

Schnell vs Su will be forgotten by tomorrow but it was one of the craziest rounds ever.

The last UFC London card was fucking insane but was forgotten in a week

1 Like

I’ve been doing that for 6 years since WME took over it all went to shit.

I want star power

it would only be remembered because it was in the “UFC”

There are crazy comebacks like this all the time, just not on the big stage, and even being in the UFC they don’t have name value , people probably thought they were newcomers

1 Like

Man I guess I’m screwed. I just thought it was decent. Good fights but no name value or stars. Seems like a bunch of meaningless fights

You had “Star Power” with Adesayna a couple weeks ago, how’d that work out for you? Love MMA, not “Stars”.

1 Like

That is true the Stars don’t always deliver. But I was on the edge of my seat that entire fight… waiting for something to happen… unfortunately it did not.

I’m not trying to be a hater I just wish there was some concrete big events to look forward too.

It’s a personal problem