UFC Fight Night: Brown vs. Silva does 655k

allforroy - Ask me if I care...MMA train chugging along just fine. Phone Post 3.0
Really? I couldn't even find MMA on the ESPN site the other day. Bellator vs UFC is like arguing which is the biggest between two rival darts orgs. The elephant in the room is that the sport as a whole is still tiny. People literally don't know what it is or think it's WWE. There's no money in fighting for 99% of athletes and small promotions more often than not go broke. I'm not blaming the UFC for that either, it's just how it is. Phone Post 3.0

Of course, really. MMA courses offered at YMCA's and every combat sport gym in the US and other countries, I imagine. It's a slow grind but one that is still in positive momentum. Cat's out of the bag...not going back in. Phone Post 3.0

ttt

In 2010 it would have done huge numbers. Great night of fights, great finishes. But it's 2014. Phone Post 3.0

Over saturation of the market is killing them Phone Post 3.0

I think this is to be expected until FXSP1 gets bigger...or folds

It isn't FS1 fault that the UFC is full of fighters nobody cares about.

Brian Rule - 15 minute baseball intro + lazy promotion + Saturday night + Anik = what do you expect?

When Machida/Mousasi was on a Saturday and drew good numbers, the MMALOGIC/Seven7out/If it ain't Dutch cabal was all about, "Saturday cards rule the world and will always draw huge numbers."  

It was a shit card on paper and the whole FS1 thing sucks.

Silva/Brown was an awesome fight (on paper and in reality), but it still has zero business headlining a televised card.

Pretty much, only the hardcores know any of the fighters anymore. Casuals dont know anyone on the cards anymore, trust me casuals dont know who the fuck the immortal is. The shit is dried the fuck up, no one wants to see this shit anymore. Nick Diaz was right.

CurtisTheConqueror - Damn I just don't get it!!! What is wrong with everyone!!! Those were some of the most awesome fights I've seen in a long time!!! And Matt Brown!! I mean who in their right mind misses a Matt Brown fight. Losers Phone Post 3.0
Hindsight

What if every fight sucked? Phone Post 3.0

Jack Carter - 
CurtisTheConqueror - Damn I just don't get it!!! What is wrong with everyone!!! Those were some of the most awesome fights I've seen in a long time!!! And Matt Brown!! I mean who in their right mind misses a Matt Brown fight. Losers Phone Post 3.0
Hindsight

They were great fights on paper too though.

Brabatross -
Jack Carter - 
Hindsight

They were great fights on paper too though.

To who? Certainly not casuals. Phone Post 3.0

Jobe Watson the Bomber - Baseball was on, plus people were asleep, plus it was a nice night, the wind was blowing in a south easterly direction, they were airing it at the same time as a classic simpsons episode, also there was a special on at a few dept stores around town and I think there was some highlights of the curling from the winter olympic games on.
So, as you can see, the ratings were bound to be down. Phone Post 3.0
Lol vu Phone Post 3.0