UFC is really getting the job done

Love them or hate them, the one thing you gotta admit, the UFC is really delivering the goods to the MMA fan !!

I think the organization really seems focused right now in truly stepping it up, and quite frankly, in my mind has now surpassed Pride as the premier MMA organization in the world. And when you think about it, its tough to argue, just think about what they are giving us.

• Frequent PPV's approxmiately once every month or two and the cards are constantly improving. Even from looking at the upcoming cards vs the cards of just a year ago you can see the dramatic improvement.

• Frequent free fight nights on Spike TV. These are not title fights, and usually have a large base of TUF fighters on them, but also mixed in with some real contenders. But regardless, its MMA fighting... whats not to love !!

• TUF reality series - weekly when in season. I could do without the drama of tinkling in each others head gear or on their beds, but its still interesting and each show concludes with a fight.... and of course its free on Spike TV.

• Inside the UFC with Joe Rogan weekly show. Its interesting to me.... great show !! Once again, its free on Spike TV

• Best knockouts and/or submissions or fights of the year 1 hour shows most weeks on free TV

• Signed Crocop & Rampage... if that is not a step in the right direction, I do not know what is. I personally think they should jump Rampage & Crocop over the other contenders and have them fight Sylvia & Liddell right now !!

• Spreading out the UFC's now... In Vegas of course, sometimes in SoCal, and now in Ohio !! Thats pretty cool.... and considering I live in Columbus... very, very cool.

• They gave us Rachelle !!! Whats not to like about that !!

I have always been a fan of Pride and I am still a big fan of a lot of their fighters... but from the perspective of giving the MMA fan juicy stuff week in and out.... they have fallen wayyyyy back. Quite frankly, the best thing that could happen to MMA is if guys like Fedor, Gomi, Nog, etc... would just go ahead and sign with the UFC.... at that point, I have no doubt we would all get to see the fights we want sooner or later. But, with them seperated.... maybe never on some of the fights.

Any thoughts ??

they have done an awesome job helping to mainstream the sport, but i think they're overextending themselves with shows every 4-6 weeks.

there is less "incredible" talent and more "good" talent in their shows. remember the days when the main card would be stacked with guys you HAD to see fight? all 4-5 bouts were huge? now there is one, maybe two of what use to be their main card bouts.

i think they need to keep the "good" fighters in the fight night shows and go back to building their PPV spots with must-sees.

too much of a good thing isn't great.

The more shows the merrier IMO.

tlrane, although it would be exciting to "jump" them into title matches right away, it doesn't make the best business sense IMO. We have to resist the urge for instant gratification. Give them some fights before the big ones. There are PPV buys to be had by just signing them and getting them on a card. It needs to build a little (not a lot, though) to generate more interest and lock PPV buys over the next several events, not just one big one.

"there is less "incredible" talent and more "good" talent in their shows. remember the days when the main card would be stacked with guys you HAD to see fight? all 4-5 bouts were huge? now there is one, maybe two of what use to be their main card bouts."

Name one UFC with 4-5 bouts were huge?  I'm a big UFC fan, but the cards weren't any better back in the day.