UFC looking at Oct for the Jones Stipe fight?

Pantoja headines 301 in Brazil.
Makhachev and Conor headline the two PPV’s in June.
The July PPV is in England and Aspinall and Edwards have not fought this year.
August’s PPV is in Perth with Du Plessis vs Adesanya headlining.
Sep’s PPV is at the Sphere and Dana already said he is pandering to the Mexican market with that card so he will probably have Grasso headline vs Shevchenko.
Oct PPV… Jones vs Stipe? Its in Dubai.

Aspinall said its official… just waiting on the opponent who I assume is Blaydes.
https://twitter.com/SpinninBackfist/status/1780678041124909465?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1780678041124909465|twgr^3096b1171418167171c1424241c974021f869185|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F1c6irrs%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

1 Like

october 2026. can’t wait.

5 Likes

I don’t want to see this.

2 Likes

lol at the curry stain on his hoodie. same, same. hope it’s vindaloo or madras, not some soft-as-shite cat food.

At this point, Stipe is not a name or a recognisable threat. let’s not have that, what a waste of time. Jones seems to be settling into middle age, fair play to the man. he ought to retire, hand over his belt and thank Tom for not smashing him to pieces.

1 Like

Leon Shavkat

Aspinal Blydes

1 Like

I’d say Nov or Dec for Jones…Won’t be surprised if Oct card is Islam vs Arman, and likely a Chimaev fight vs whoever, perhaps Strickland/Costa winner.

1 Like

You know, that is more likely…Nov or Dec for Jones. Makhachev did say after the June defense that he wanted to defend in the US or NYC later this year but he also said he wanted three fights this year so we will see.

I can’t imagine UFC having Jones headline in Dubai and Makhachev headlining in say Vegas or MSG.

Jones would still be a big deal headlining Dubai if Makhachev is not available but if he is… it just makes no sense to have Makhachev headline Vegas or MSG instead of Dubai.

Who the hell still wants to see this?

2 Likes

Nobody lol…The only reason they’re still pushing this I’ve ever been able to come up with, is the possibility thst someone was given an advance on their purse for the fight.

Nobody but Dana and Jon went all in on it last year so they are sticking to their guns on it.

Would be interesting to hear Dana’s true thoughts on Ngannou leaving UFC, Jones taking three years to move to HW to have one fight, Stipe getting a title shot that takes a year and a half to happen after not having a win in four years, etc…

I’m sure he just wants to get it over with.

HW is a very small part of UFC revenue these days.