UFC LW title picture

You’re acting like Royce is dead.

He’s still alive and barely anyone outside the MMA circle even knows he exists.

UFC 229 alone was probably more watched than every Royce event combined by dozens if not hundreds of times over.

Not just the night of the event, but the hundreds of millions of views that followed on the internet after.

Royce has nothing on Khabib.

Nah

Now been promoted to the main event. Looking forward to this match up, happy it’s scheduled for five rounds now

[quote=“JackMerridew, post:675, topic:3669037”]

I tried to let it sink in, but unfortunately, hot air rises. You’re simply and obviously out of arguments and at this point, merely grasping at straws.

Last time I’ll repeat myself: Khabib was in exactly 1 top 10 PPV; that was against the guy who headlined 5 out of the top 10 PPVs in UFC history – Conor McGregor. You know, the guy Khabib owes for gaining a large percentage of his own fans, including those on social media as you suggested.

You just aren’t very good at this. :laughing:

Footnote: Trolls never concede; I expect you to keep sputtering and struggling on as you fulfill your need for attention. Don’t expect me to keep enabling you – that’s a promise.

Episode 1 Airs Getting A Little Hot In Here GIF by The X-Files

1 Like

[quote=“Ministry_of_Truth, post:692, topic:3669037, full:true”]

You’re argument is dogshit, you’re delusional and also also projecting about your own trolling.

Keep strawgrasping one metric to prove Khabib is not a draw. Dur Dur top 10 UFC ppv’s, he was only on the #1! You sound like, and probably are a ConorWinsTheRematch alt.

Conor has never had a ppv as high without Khabib, let that sink in.

Also nobody has helped the UFC expand internationally like Khabib, their main goal. You think they were paying him an estimated 5-10 million a fight because they’re generous and he’s not an international draw?

Are You Stupid Or Something GIF - Are You Stupid Or Something Jenny Curran  - Discover & Share GIFs

Plus Magny vs Shavkat Rakhmonov on the same card.

1 Like

Pimblett vs Leavitt happening on the July 23rd London card.

Upcoming LW fights:

Cowboy vs Lauzon
Kutateladze vs Ismagulov
RDA vs Fiziev
Moises vs Giagos
Tsarukyan vs Gamrot
Klose vs Ferreira
Green vs Miller
Riddell vs Turner
Dober vs Alves
Solecki vs Silva Coelho
McKinney vs Gonzalez
Pimblett vs Leavitt

That’s actually a great scrap, with both being crafty on the ground. Paddy has the edge on the feet, at least as far as power.

2 Likes

Paddy should win everywhere, but Leavitt is crafty. This will be good.

That ppv he had with mayweather did pretty well. Over 4 million ppv buys. Oh, we’re only counting ufc ppvs? Fair point. Well if Khabib and Conor share the top ppv then we should compare their 2nd and 3rd best selling ppvs to see who is higher. :thinking:

1 Like

LOL different sport, we’re talking about MMA and let’s not forget Conor was the B side against Floyd.

I temember Khabib and Ali trying to talk their way into mstches with Mayweather and Canelo, but couldnt drum up interest because Khabib isnt even B side level like Conor was.

1 Like

@JackMerridew People have been using this thread to talk about the division for a long time. You like to make tons of threads about Khabib and Islam and go on and on about that, that is your shtick and that is fine. Why don’t you take a walk so normal posters can go back to talking about the division in this thread?

Nothing personal, its just we use this thread to talk about the division and I don’t want to scroll and I don’t think other people want to scroll through your endless Khabib and Islam posts.

Why did you have to continue your shtick in this thread? Were your hundreds of Khabib and Islam threads not getting you enough attention?

3 Likes

I’m actually not the one who started it.

Khabib’s shadow obviously looms large over the LW division since he left. Some may call it a paper division without him.

Nah…lightweight is fine…has one of the most exciting fighters in the history of the sport as champ thats super active.

We never forget who is champ between his fights or have to hand out interim belts

1 Like

STFU Dustin

2 Likes

Dustin somewhat hurt by oliveira in the last 45 seconds of rd 1 with Oliveira but hid it well.

Also, Chandler slept Hooker, Poirier had to go for 5 rds.

As far as KO ability, i don’t see Oliveira, Chandler, Poirier, Gaethje or Connor very far apart

2 Likes

The problem with Dustin, he’s way too obvious about his shit talk. When he thinks he’s in a better position than someone like Mike and doesn’t think the fight makes sense, he’s dismissive and talks shit by saying the guy hasn’t earned a fight with him etc. However, when Dustin’s next fight isn’t obvious, and he’s already tried to get a Diaz fight, and faked like he wanted the Colby fight when the rumors are that Colby is dealing with concussion like symptoms after getting suckered on the street…when Dustin’s next move isn’t obvious, and he sees Chandler’s popularity is surpassing his, he starts talking shit about Chandler in a way that could hype that fight.

He’s not doing anything wrong, he’s just soooo obvious about it. If the UFC made Poirier vs Diaz, he’d still be dismissing Chandler and acting as if he has no interest in fighting him.

Poirier seems like an awesome dude IRL, and he’s an excellent fighter, but his trash talk is way too obvious. He’s very selective about who he talks shit about and when. If it’s not a fight he wants, he doesn’t mention the guy’s name at all.

3 Likes