UFC needs to stop going towards WEST Canada

I think UFC is cursed when they try to go to the west side of Canada to do a show. The first one was UFC 149, and now it is this one UFC 161.

UFC needs to stop trying to go towards west in canada.

Vancouver (Chuck vs Rich) was the first western camadian show btw Phone Post 3.0

The chuck/rich card was pretty good Phone Post 3.0

It's called the old western Canada bait and switch. Works like a charm against us rubes eh.

the ufc production crew should just keep a camera on the audience at all times. I think there was 3 different fights in the crowd that I saw. Wife saw a chick scrap in the halls outside the bathroom. Lots of fights broke out after the event.

Megatherium - It's called the old western Canada bait and switch. Works like a charm against us rubes eh.

the shogun rua bait and switch imo

Kazp306 - Saskatchewan will get an awesome card. Just wait ;) Phone Post 3.0
Is there power in sask? Phone Post 3.0

I think there's potash?

I live in Eastern Canada & I would be thrilled to see the UFC hold a show here but it just isn't gonna happen.

Out West have the larger cities with the 20,000 seat arenas the UFC sells out now. UFC can make serious money in Van, Edm, Cal, Winn, Regina or Saskatoon etc ... But even in Halifax the arena isn't big enough to hold 20,000.

Winnepeg is as West to Canada as Dallas is to the US, just to clarify.

Geography, motherfucker, do you knows it?

Megatherium - It's called the old western Canada bait and switch. Works like a charm against us rubes eh.

I lol'd

Jack Skellington - 

I live in Eastern Canada & I would be thrilled to see the UFC hold a show here but it just isn't gonna happen.

Out West have the larger cities with the 20,000 seat arenas the UFC sells out now. UFC can make serious money in Van, Edm, Cal, Winn, Regina or Saskatoon etc ... But even in Halifax the arena isn't big enough to hold 20,000.

Halifax has a football stadium.

The UFC had an event scheduled for Edmonton if I recall correctly. At the time they were known as the MMA capital of Canada. They were supposed to be the first western Canadian event. Vancouver became available and they pulled out faster than the first string QB on prom night.

Western Canadian shows have been cursed ever since.

Rectify this Dana, the only way to vanquish this hex is to hold an event in Edmonton. Phone Post 3.0

Eggbert - 
Fisticus - The UFC had an event scheduled for Edmonton if I recall correctly. At the time they were known as the MMA capital of Canada. They were supposed to be the first western Canadian event. Vancouver became available and they pulled out faster than the first string QB on prom night.

Rectify this Dana, the only way to vanquish this hex is to hold an event in Edmonton. Phone Post 3.0
Edmonton has the biggest concentration of douchebags on the planet. I know because I live there. As nice as it would be to have one here the crowd would suck. I'd rather drive to Vancouver or fly to montreal Phone Post 3.0

Agreed on the db demographic of Edmonton.. same goes for the rest of Alberta.

Hmmm yeah I see your point. The UFC would be a hard sell in a city full of douchebags. Phone Post 3.0

Happiness Bunny -
Eggbert - 
Fisticus - The UFC had an event scheduled for Edmonton if I recall correctly. At the time they were known as the MMA capital of Canada. They were supposed to be the first western Canadian event. Vancouver became available and they pulled out faster than the first string QB on prom night.

Edmonton has the biggest concentration of douchebags on the planet. I know because I live there. As nice as it would be to have one here the crowd would suck. I'd rather drive to Vancouver or fly to montreal Phone Post 3.0

Agreed on the db demographic of Edmonton.. same goes for the rest of Alberta.
I also can vouch that these statements are factual...

:| Phone Post 3.0

^perhaps this is why we're a bunch of douches? Phone Post 3.0

GSP24 - 
Diazed And Confused - After going to 149, driving down with my mates from Edmonton, I feel we need a serious card to make up for the debacle.

Needless to say, I still had such a incredible time at the card, even though it was lackluster. Phone Post 3.0
You Canadian, bro? Why you making us sound like Brits, brah?! Phone Post 3.0

The Queen is still your head of state. You might as well be Brits.

Good. We'll set it up in the hockey barn then eh?